John Wilkerson

I heard he's been associated with Tennessee baseball for 34 years, this was a long time coming and I'm sure a dream come true. That was an even longer wait that John Ward had to endure for a National Championship (30 years).

Ward at least got to call good football much of those 30 years....Wilkerson had to suffer brutally.

Wilkerson filled in a few years ago for Kesling and called a basketball game. He was really good. Kesling is abysmal. It would take an hour to detail how bad he really is.
I can sum it up in one sentence:

I’ve never heard a paid network announcer seem to cheer for an opponent the way Kesling does.

I am as happy for John as I am for the players for winning the National Champiomship. Wilkerson has always brought enthusiasm and professionalism to the booth and has always taken pride in his craft.

He reminds me of an average kid who grew up in the 60s or 70s listening to baseball on the radio. And from it, gained a love and appreciation for broadcasters and what they bring to the sport. Glad he has some iconic calls of his own that will be repeated for decades to come.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I have the game on the TV with the sound set to 0 & John W on the radio call sound set to MAX.... I mostly dont watch the TV but let John paint the beautiful picture....

Reactions: Vfl2407 and Stacmot
I have the game on the TV with the sound set to 0 & John W on the radio call sound set to MAX.... I mostly dont watch the TV but let John paint the beautiful picture....
I used to do that with football till Bob got to unbearable. That used to be my favorite thing to do with John Ward! I feel like Bob is getting worse with age.

Wish we could use AI and get John Ward to call the games again. A far better option than the current situation

VN Store

Back