Johnson, McCullers on Bednarik Award watch list

Really hope one of them wins this award, because it will mean we had a very good year offensively!!! :rock:

Hate to say it but unless Clowney gets hurt, they are all playing for second place.

I just pray that none of the Vol Gridironers are on any of the UTK or Knoxville Police "watch lists". Wouldn't that be something to go a whole season without reading about someone making a mental lapse? I believe in CBJ and hope he can get the team to understand the meaning of teamwork.

Hate to say it but unless Clowney gets hurt, they are all playing for second place.

OK, then don't say it if you hate to say it. Clowney has a whole season ahead of him just like every other player - so let's not give out any awards or trophies till after the season, ok? Clowney is good but he needs another full season to prove that he is great.

OK, then don't say it if you hate to say it. Clowney has a whole season ahead of him just like every other player - so let's not give out any awards or trophies till after the season, ok? Clowney is good but he needs another full season to prove that he is great.

You're kidding right? Clowney HAS BEEN great since HS and could have gone directly to the NFL after his senior year. That's also a testament to how GREAT Tiny played against him last year.

I don't think he has to "prove" anything this year. His production will probably drop this season just because he may be a little cautious so he doesn't end up like his teammate. You can't fault him for that......he is already the top DE and will go top 5, so his stock can't get any higher. He would be my number one pick.

Reactions: 1 person

Clowney is a freak....Great is the only word to describe the dude.

Vincent Smith is still feeling his greatness.....

Did McCullers play 3 plays in a row last year, i dont see how he is on any list.

Yes, he was. But the 3-4 and the 4-3 are difference, 3-4 he was in there to plug the center which he did very well were as the 4-3 will required big Mac to get pressure in the back field and at 6'8 but plays low for that height he will crush it at the light weight of 340. This cat has speed to go with the size, it going to be fun to see big Mac evolve this year. :good!:

You're kidding right? Clowney HAS BEEN great since HS and could have gone directly to the NFL after his senior year. That's also a testament to how GREAT Tiny played against him last year.

He's gotta play the season just like some highly touted pre-season gamecock named Lattimore last year, doesn't he? If he finishes the season healthy and with an outstanding year, then he'll have a good chance of getting my vote. Smart Opponents though will adjust just like they did when The Minister of Defense lined up against other SEC/NCAA foes, so his impact may be far less this year now that he is a known commodity.

He's gotta play the season just like some highly touted pre-season gamecock named Lattimore last year, doesn't he? If he finishes the season healthy and with an outstanding year, then he'll have a good chance of getting my vote. Smart Opponents though will adjust just like they did when The Minister of Defense lined up against other SEC/NCAA foes, so his impact may be far less this year now that he is a known commodity.

The guy would have been drafted first if he had come out this year you need to check your fandomn because it is causing you to say ignorant things. The only reason Lattimore dropped was bc he has been injured two years in a row which created a ton of question marks

That's why I prefaced my remarks by saying "if he stays healthy"

Everybody knows there are risks in this game when it comes to injuries. I don't see why people throw in a "if he stays healthy" in to the conversation.

Everybody knows there are risks in this game when it comes to injuries. I don't see why people throw in a "if he stays healthy" in to the conversation.

Well if I stay healthy through the entire season, I'll share with you why then, ok?? Go Vols!

VN Store

Back