Sat, Oct 19 vs South Carolina Loss
too much gamecock defense
Sat, Oct 26 @ Alabama Loss

Sat, Nov 2 @ Missouri Win

Sat, Nov 9 vs Auburn Win

Sat, Nov 23 vs Vanderbilt Win
payback win cause Tiny said so!
Sat, Nov 30 @ Kentucky Win

I say we beat UF and USC and drop a heartbreaker to the dawgs.

Reactions: 2 people
I was just thinking today, about why it is Saban and Sumlin come into the conference and succeed rather quickly (Although Saban didn't have a great year his first season). Sure they are probably good at X's and O's and hired a good staff, etc. But the No.1 reason I personally believe they did, was because they had a body of work that their players could look to and believe in.

I thought that Kiffin and even Dooley could mask their own personal shortcomings, as a HC (both had horrible records), by bringing in an A+ staff. But there is no substitute for hiring a coach that has a proven record to stand on.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid...I always wanted us to hire someone proven, for this very reason. Now we have one and I strongly feel it's going to pay dividends. Look at Kelly, at ND. Playing in the NC in just a few years time. He had a record to stand on, and the ND players believe in him.

Reactions: 1 person
I was just thinking today, about why it is Saban and Sumlin come into the conference and succeed rather quickly (Although Saban didn't have a great year his first season). Sure they are probably good at X's and O's and hired a good staff, etc. But the No.1 reason I personally believe they did, was because they had a body of work that their players could look to and believe in.

I thought that Kiffin and even Dooley could mask their own personal shortcomings, as a HC (both had horrible records), by bringing in an A+ staff. But there is no substitute for hiring a coach that has a proven record to stand on.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid...I always wanted us to hire someone proven, for this very reason. Now we have one and I strongly feel it's going to pay dividends. Look at Kelly, at ND. Playing in the NC in just a few years time. He had a record to stand on, and the ND players believe in him.

Why is it so hard for u to understand that Sumlin's success last year is directly, without a doubt, to Manziel. No X's or O's and they said so. He pretty much just ran around backyard style from set formations. He can't be judged correctly until Manziel is gone, and he actually has a true playbook in place.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hate to say it, but IMHO he's going to be head coach in few years somewhere, good for him, bad for TN, but while at TN he's going to do good things for TN football.

Reactions: 1 person
Hate to say it, but IMHO he's going to be head coach in few years somewhere, good for him, bad for TN, but while at TN he's going to do good things for TN football.

Was about to say this too. Everything about that video showed me that he's a future head coach.

Maybe he will stick around like ol Kirby Smart stays up Saban's arse. We are due for our time back on top!

Why is it so hard for u to understand that Sumlin's success last year is directly, without a doubt, to Manziel. No X's or O's and they said so. He pretty much just ran around backyard style from set formations. He can't be judged correctly until Manziel is gone, and he actually has a true playbook in place.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I gotta say as much as I like Sumlin, this is pretty spot on

VN Store

Back