Jones' UT commitments high-ranked

VolBraniac

Bigly Membered
The Volunteers already have racked up 11 commitments for the 2014 class, and though next February's signing day is more than nine months away, Tennessee's class ranks fourth in the country according to Rivals.com and fifth nationally in the 247sports.com and Scout.com rankings.

The hot start in recruiting appears to have many Tennessee fans {sexually aroused} excited. :rock:

Jones' UT commitments high-ranked | timesfreepress.com

Reactions: 3 people
"Kids want to go Tennessee. They just needed a reason," Farrell said. "The results on the field the past few years were one of the main reasons people sort of stayed away. I don't think anybody really bought into the fact that [Derek] Dooley was the right guy. I don't think kids believed that he was going to be there for much longer, and that can really hurt your recruiting.
:eek:hmy: Shocker.

NOT.

:dance2:

Reactions: 2 people
It seems like only a couple of months ago, half of the gloom and doomers on this board were talking about how the top-talent wouldn't want to come to Tennessee, and how we were at such a huge disadvantage.

I've never bought into that. We have one of the best football programs in the nation. We have the history, facilities, and the resources to compete every year. But recruiting is a very competitive business, and other schools had much better coaching staffs than us.

When you're putting your life for the next 3-4 years in the hands of a few people (the coaches), it's important that you trust those people and have faith in them to perform. If you had 10 job offers, all with similar terms, you'd likely want to go to the place where you felt most comfortable with your bosses. I don't think many recruits were ever fully comfortable with Dooley --- and for good reason.

This sort of reminds me of the excitement in the early Fulmer years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
It seems like only a couple of months ago, half of the gloom and doomers on this board were talking about how the top-talent wouldn't want to come to Tennessee, and how we were at such a huge disadvantage.

I've never bought into that. We have one of the best football programs in the nation. We have the history, facilities, and the resources to compete every year. But recruiting is a very competitive business, and other schools had much better coaching staffs than us.

When you're putting your life for the next 3-4 years in the hands of a few people (the coaches), it's important that you trust those people and have faith in them to perform. If you had 10 job offers, all with similar terms, you'd likely want to go to the place where you felt most comfortable with your bosses. I don't think many recruits were ever fully comfortable with Dooley --- and for good reason.

A few months ago the Vols WERE at a disadvantage. We had Dooley as a coach.

Hope we get the same results, like 98.:)

The Volunteers already have racked up 11 commitments for the 2014 class, and though next February's signing day is more than nine months away, Tennessee's class ranks fourth in the country according to Rivals.com and fifth nationally in the 247sports.com and Scout.com rankings.

The hot start in recruiting appears to have many Tennessee fans {sexually aroused} excited. :rock:

WTF? Seriously why say that? Just weird

actually we are 4th on rivals, 6th on scout, and 3rd on 247

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2014 Team Recruiting Rankings
Scout.com: Football Recruiting
2014 Football Recruiting Team Rankings

I love what Jones is doing. Let's hope it sticks. Lots can happen before NSD. *crosses fingers*

Great post!...encapsulating the spirit of fervent Vol fans...we never give up ..it's been a rough five years though
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back