Josiah and Santi Reflections

If you have 20 min, this is truly an amazing watch. You may wanna grab some tissues for the final 5 minutes.
I love these 2 guys! Not only some of the best players for UT, but truly great individuals. They will be missed.
"One last ride together" -Santi

Great watch. Huge game tonight. It's all right there for the taking. Outright SEC championship and a big step to a #1 seed in the NCAAT. It'll be interesting to see how these guys play tonight....well, the entire team for that matter. Good luck fellas.

These have to be two of the most likable and humble players we have seen here. JJJ just oozes leadership and humility. Their presence and stability both on and off the court is surely a major factor for our success.

In a me-first, cash-out culture, I sure am proud to call these two gentlemen VFL’s.
Big fan!

What an incredible set of ambassadors for the Vol program. Talented, focused, driven yet high character, unselfish, articulate, and humble. What other program in the country can put forward a pair of representatives that match these qualities?

UT has been blessed to have these guys in their program for five years in an era where one to two years is the norm for top players in today’s game. It is a testament not only to these two special players but to their parents, past coaches, and Coach Barnes for assembling such a quality program from the problems that he inherited.

These two really deserve all the team accolades this team can and I hope accomplish. They've won SEC tourney and really hope they close the deal with regular season championship and go far in the NCAA tourney.

Think, they had one season cancelled because of COVID, second season played in front of minimal fans plus couldn't be around teammates and practice, both have taken a ton of s**t from fans especially JJJ. They're not without their flaws and have had flame outs during the last 5 years. But, it is really rare in this day and age to have 2 players who've stuck around and played generally at high to elite level for 5 years.

What an incredible set of ambassadors for the Vol program. Talented, focused, driven yet high character, unselfish, articulate, and humble. What other program in the country can put forward a pair of representatives that match these qualities?

UT has been blessed to have these guys in their program for five years in an era where one to two years is the norm for top players in today’s game. It is a testament not only to these two special players but to their parents, past coaches, and Coach Barnes for assembling such a quality program from the problems that he inherited.
Agree with everything. And really, it appears we have a team full of these type young men. One of the many reasons I enjoy watching them play.

Did anyone catch the part about trying to convince Uros and Olivier to return? Was JJJ trying to get them to walk on for a year?

I forget how big JJJ actually is. He makes SV look tiny (which by normal standards isn't)

The JJJ/SV era is - and was - a very, very good one for Tennessee, and they'll be missed both on and off the court.

Also, edited to add that they're both a fantastic testament to the value and the worth of having four year players who are truly committed to a program.

I watched JJJ at the UT basketball camp for the past 2 seasons and will forever be a fan. He was always surrounded by kids and truly seemed to enjoy every minute. My son got a pic with him both years and has them framed in his room.
My daughter and I met JJJ a few years ago as well. Very likable person and he even talked hoops with my kid.

My daughter and I met JJJ a few years ago as well. Very likable person and he even talked hoops with my kid.
They all were great kids but he was there every day. Always with a big, infectious smile

They mentioned in the video the type of players being recruited and it was very obvious that Barnes has a type. They were definitely the kind of people I wanted my young son to emulate in basketball and how he treats others.

We are really going to miss these guys! I would love to see Santi stay as an assistant coach. JJJ may have a shot at pro ball somewhere. Maybe Santi too, who knows?
Honestly, I would love to see Vescovi come on the coaching staff if pro ball doesn't work out for him. I'd have to think he might make a good coach.

Barnes and company do their homework in recruiting players, these two are a reflection of that. They are great people, players, and represent UT and their families first class in every way. Really pulling for our team to make a run to the final 4. Our coaches and players deserve it, especially those two. Go Vols!

Did anyone catch the part about trying to convince Uros and Olivier to return? Was JJJ trying to get them to walk on for a year?
Glad they moved on really. Both brought things to the team. ON actually became Karl Malone in about 3 games / yr. But we needed to flip the roster. I'm glad we have Phillips and Estrella getting thier feet wet in year 1.

VN Store

Back