Julio Borbon promoted

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Nice to see him moving up...

The Rangers promoted 22-year-old outfielder Julio Borbon to Double-A Frisco on Saturday afternoon.

Borbon, a supplemental first round pick in the 2007 MLB Draft, had been hitting .306 with 20 doubles and 36 stolen bases in 66 games with High-A Bakersfield.

To clear room for him on the roster, the RoughRiders have placed centerfielder Craig Gentry on the disabled list.

Borbon becomes the fourth Bakersfield player to join Frisco in the last three days, as 1B J.T. Restko, 2B Jose Vallejo, and C Manny Pina were also promoted.

Good for him. While were talking about former UT players, Sean Watson has really been struggling in Chattanooga (AA) so far this year.

Also Arencibia was promoted 3 or 4 weeks ago and is tearing up the minors this year. He could get called to the show some time next year.

Adkins was promoted to AA today. Maybe he will respond well to AA. The league he was pitching in is known as a hitter's league.

Adkins was promoted to AA today. Maybe he will respond well to AA. The league he was pitching in is known as a hitter's league.
Pitching in a hitters league is no excuse for posting a mid 5 ERA and a BAA of almost .300.

The Southern league is a hitters league too so I don't see the reasoning in that argument either. His first start in AA wasn't to hot either.

Pitching in a hitters league is no excuse for posting a mid 5 ERA and a BAA of almost .300.

The Southern league is a hitters league too so I don't see the reasoning in that argument either. His first start in AA wasn't to hot either.

I wasn't trying to make a point.

First off i'm not making excuses for him and the only in this argument is you.

Adkins has had a couple of good starts lately. He could be a good arm in the bullpen if he would cut down on the walks.

Borbon isn't getting enough steals.....He needs to quit wearing the eyeblack, it's killing his wind resistance.

VN Store

Back