Jurick update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Chattanooga and have been following high school sports around this area for a long time. Jurick is pretty much overrated. He needs to get tough and learn how to dominate a high school game. I personally went to a game ealier in the year and i didnt see much of what you would expect out of a top 100 player. Ive seen the Tony Woods kid from Rome, GA who is a wake forest comment and #18 player in the nation according to rivals. This kid completed dominating the paint the glass took control of the game and became unstoppable. In comparison to Jurick i didnt see the same potential. You would think a 6'10 center would completely dominate high school games. Therefore its goin to be a work in progress. Hopefully CBP will develop some toughness in him.

I've heard other people say the same thing.

I wonder why he is rated so high then?

I would echo those sentiments and I think that is the report on the guy....that he will have to develop inside presence. I live near Chattanooga and East Ridge High is near where I live...saw him play at the beginning of the season and something is just missing. He looks dominant but in the game I watched he was bullied by a guy that was about 6'3 .

I live in Chattanooga and have been following high school sports around this area for a long time. Jurick is pretty much overrated. He needs to get tough and learn how to dominate a high school game. I personally went to a game ealier in the year and i didnt see much of what you would expect out of a top 100 player. Ive seen the Tony Woods kid from Rome, GA who is a wake forest comment and #18 player in the nation according to rivals. This kid completed dominating the paint the glass took control of the game and became unstoppable. In comparison to Jurick i didnt see the same potential. You would think a 6'10 center would completely dominate high school games. Therefore its goin to be a work in progress. Hopefully CBP will develop some toughness in him.

This guy really is off base here. No one expects him to score 20 a night - and he doesn't... but he does occasionally. Bruce Pearl and Kelvin Sampson did not recruit him for his offensive skills - and that's very obvious.

But when I've seen him he's had about 12 blocks each game I've been to and gets any rebound in the area. No one got a shot off inside.

Also - his team is pathetic. He has no help and it's just a bunch of over-confident black guards jacking up 3s the whole time and they don't know how to get him the ball. Or that was the case when they played Ooltewah and he was triple teamed when he did get the ball and had to dish it back outside. I only remember 1 guy scoring on him inside that game and he pump faked him and got Jurick in the air and forced contact. I'm also not saying he's some star or anything. I was disappointed with his game when I went to see him a few times - I expected a monster that would dunk everytime he got the ball.. it's just not his game and you have to realize that.

I did notice he had a decent jump shot in warmups though.

Also - his team is pathetic. He has no help and it's just a bunch of over-confident black guards jacking up 3s the whole time and they don't know how to get him the ball.

Bassman, thanks for the report, but the skin color of Jurick's teammates is completely irrelevant.

There are plenty of over-confident white guards. Jurick is basically the only white guy on his team.

Welcome to the U.S. I guess... the race card will get played on anything and everything even if I didn't mean anything by it.

Why dey gotta be black and not just players. This is why i hate the south bc of people and comments like that. Freaking ridiclous. Like i said along with many others in this area, hes overrated. Im not saying he will not be good but the original post asked how he was doin this year. And from what i seen he could be way much better.

6'10.. 250... can block shots and rebound.

Not really overrated. He does what he is supposed to do.

And get off your soap box. Jurick is a black guy inside a white guy's body anyway.

You and everyone else know I didn't mean anything racist by it. By the way.. it's they not "dey".

Why dey gotta be black and not just players. This is why i hate the south bc of people and comments like that. Freaking ridiclous. Like i said along with many others in this area, hes overrated. Im not saying he will not be good but the original post asked how he was doin this year. And from what i seen he could be way much better.

But they are black players aren't dey?

There was nothing in that post that had anything to do with someone being from the South. That sounds like a racist stereotype on your part... see how easy it is to turn things around?

Ah yes it's only racist if he says black players. But it's not racist if he had said white players. Freaking ridiculous.

Its crazy how people would make comments like that over an internet board but would soften up like cotton candy if having this convey personally with a black guy. Well in that case Jurick is an overrated white boi huh. i guess thats how i shouldhave made my first comment so i can feel good bout myself too. stupidity still exists in the south and im done with this thread. holla and suck it easy

Its crazy how people would make comments like that over an internet board but would soften up like cotton candy if having this convey personally with a black guy. Well in that case Jurick is an overrated white boi huh. i guess thats how i shouldhave made my first comment so i can feel good bout myself too. stupidity still exists in the south and im done with this thread. holla and suck it easy

Exhibit A.

First - learn how to type before you talk about stupidity.

I have no problem with anyone calling someone a white player and people shouldn't have a problem with me saying a black player. I'm not offended.

The race card is so worn out at this point. Get over it.

You wish...

First - learn how to type before you talk about stupidity.

I have no problem with anyone calling someone a white player and people shouldn't have a problem with me saying a black player. I'm not offended.

The race card is so worn out at this point. Get over it.

Thats because you are not black. And for that reason alone you wouldnt understand why some get offended.

Keyword is "some" - probably should be "few".

I will call someone that black/white/asian/yellow/orange/maroon guy to their face if I don't know their name. Never had any issues with it either.

No reason to discuss this here though.

Lets end this right here its not bout me being offended its just the relevancy that calling Jurick's teamates overconfident black guys has. It had nothin to do with his overall play this season. Like i said before he is overrated at this moment but with some seasoning could be a good player.

There are plenty of over-confident white guards. Jurick is basically the only white guy on his team.

Welcome to the U.S. I guess... the race card will get played on anything and everything even if I didn't mean anything by it.

You played the race card.

All I said was that it was irrelevant, just like their religion, their stance on abortion, whether they're
left-handed or right-handed, prefer frosted flakes or raisin bran, Tiddly-winks or Scrabble, PlayStation or XBox.

You mentioning their race implied to me that you wanted us to think something specific about them b/c of their skin color, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. If I'm wrong and you were just giving a random detail that had no purpose whatsoever, it's not an issue. But if you wanted us to infer something there, please just tell us what you wanted us to infer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back