Just finished watching 04 UGA

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Man that was a good game! Greene really did play poorly in that one.

Yeah I thought the real turning point is where they thought they would be slick by trying a 4th down fake punt and failed.

yeah i just got done watchin it too. we missed way too many tackles, but we still pulled it out.

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 13, 2005 4:07 PM
Yeah I thought the real turning point is where they thought they would be slick by trying a 4th down fake punt and failed.
[snapback]126186[/snapback]​

Makes you wonder why Richt felt like he needed to do something like that to win the game.

We got lucky that we were coming off a huge loss from Auburn and UGA had just kicked the crap out of LSU. They overlooked us big time.

I always thought that D.J. just killed us in that game. everytime he came in something positve happend. Kind of scares me this year.

Originally posted by GAVol@Aug 13, 2005 4:09 PM
Wilhoits' misses really kept them in the game.
[snapback]126188[/snapback]​

That's the truth. He was killing me in that game.

Yeah I had forgotten all the missed FGs, but I remember the ulcer he gave me!

Yep - he was 2-5 that day. :blink: To be fair though, the three misses were from 40, 49 and 51, so none of them were really chip shots. Still, it would have been a lot cooler if he had manage to squeeze at least one of them through.

He's good enough that I'd expect that 40 from him, missing from 50 is acceptable though. Although it's bad for field position to be missing from that far.

Gosh I remember that game. I kept expecting Georgia to explode during that game. I will take the victory though anyday!

VN Store

Back