Justice Department Sues Apple for Monopolizing Smartphone Markets

Bring in more competition. The US helped create this problem by banning Huawei from the market.

Bring in more competition. The US helped create this problem by banning Huawei from the market.
I’m sure Xi appreciates your support just as much as Putin does but the simple matter is there is plenty of choice today.

I can go buy any of four different mfgrs phones that immediately come to mind. And there are more than that those are just the ones that come to mind. Yet I like many others buy Apple over those other phones and in fact pay a premium for that Apple phone in most cases. Why? Because as a consumer I chose to do so. I simply prefer to buy the Apple phone and Apple tablets because I find them to be the best products in their categories and worth the premium price. And the DOJ isn’t going to change my opinion on that.

If Apple is doing what some of the DOJ claims state they’re gonna get slapped for it. But it will do nothing to curb the appeal of Apple products.

I’m sure Xi appreciates your support just as much as Putin does but the simple matter is there is plenty of choice today.

I can go buy any of four different mfgrs phones that immediately come to mind. And there are more than that those are just the ones that come to mind. Yet I like many others buy Apple over those other phones and in fact pay a premium for that Apple phone in most cases. Why? Because as a consumer I chose to do so. I simply prefer to buy the Apple phone and Apple tablets because I find them to be the best products in their categories and worth the premium price. And the DOJ isn’t going to change my opinion on that.

If Apple is doing what some of the DOJ claims state they’re gonna get slapped for it. But it will do nothing to curb the appeal of Apple products.
My I phones always work till they no longer support the antique phone, then I get the newest IPhone. I’m on my 3rd in 12ish years. The red woman did the android thing for a while. After 6 phones in 6 years she switched to IPhone. She’s just recently upgraded to her 2nd….because they no longer support her phone.

My I phones always work till they no longer support the antique phone, then I get the newest IPhone. I’m on my 3rd in 12ish years. The red woman did the android thing for a while. After 6 phones in 6 years she switched to IPhone. She’s just recently upgraded to her 2nd….because they no longer support her phone.
I will repair an old phone before getting a new one because it’s such a pain to switch phones.

I love my Samsung S23 Ultra I'm going into year 2 with it after having a S8 for 5 years.

I ave about 1 android every 4 years. Get em used from swappa, too. @volinbham introduced me to that site.

I use an S23. Been with Droids for awhile. Others with iphones complain about the green bubble, and videos do not transfer across between the two with any quality such that you have to use what's app to send quality between phone types.

IPhone does this to give the impression that droids are "cheaply made" or lower tech. It's an artiifical gimmick designed to keep their herd within the fence line.
Crappy. Can't say whether it's grounds for anti trust. I do gather from news reports that they also apparently limit access to their platform for certain other apps or services to screen out droids. That may be the more technical legal basis for it.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Seems like every few years there is an assault on Apple from the DOJ or other entities. Not a fan of some of the things Apple does, but I have had IPhones for years now, three of them and just “upgraded” to the 15. Usually keep mine for about five years. Don’t like the DOJ just punked my largest holding with this stunt, but it will recover and it’s doing well for me still. Years from now stock holders will still be doing well holding it.

I ave about 1 android every 4 years. Get em used from swappa, too. @volinbham introduced me to that site.
This is a good approach. I've used swappa a few times and recommend them as well.

I buy unlocked phones and jump around from carrier to carrier on deals to save money. Ting, Fi, Tello, Mint, etc. I'll use whatever is cheap and change when I find a better deal.

Reactions: McDad
Seems like every few years there is an assault on Apple from the DOJ or other entities. Not a fan of some of the things Apple does, but I have had IPhones for years now, three of them and just “upgraded” to the 15. Usually keep mine for about five years. Don’t like the DOJ just punked my largest holding with this stunt, but it will recover and it’s doing well for me still. Years from now stock holders will still be doing well holding it.
Someone is probably looking for a payoff. Apple needs to up its’ political contributions.

Biden's DOJ doing the good work again...

Seems to me this comes down to a choice. People choose Apple products and who cares if they don't like third parties making products to support it. People have the choice to move to an Android based platform instead if they wanted. But they chose Apple even with the restrictions.

But anyway... found this interesting when it comes to numbers. Apparently, Apple isn't that popular globally.

Reactions: Vol737
I will repair an old phone before getting a new one because it’s such a pain to switch phones.
what does getting a new phone require for you? I simply log into my account and the new phone uploads everything from my old phone and looks exactly the same.

what does getting a new phone require for you? I simply log into my account and the new phone uploads everything from my old phone and looks exactly the same.
I have some security apps that I have to go through the company and install on my phone and it’s a tedious task.

I have some security apps that I have to go through the company and install on my phone and it’s a tedious task.

Like Duo?

I somehow managed to escape having to do that when I got my new one. We were told how impossible it was supposed to be if we changed phones.

Funny thing...

I got mine and the Duo Push downloaded while I was setting up. I never have had a problem doing MFA with my new phone.

Like Duo?

I somehow managed to escape having to do that when I got my new one. We were told how impossible it was supposed to be if we changed phones.

Funny thing...

I got mine and the Duo Push downloaded while I was setting up. I never have had a problem doing MFA with my new phone.
No. It’s Okta and it’s connected to everything. I basically have to pull up poorly written manuals on how to connect and remember where the manuals are incorrect. I should probably write it down but the world needs more lazy people like myself.

VN Store

Back