Keep you're head up vol fans

Vols033

Momma said knock you out
I posted a thread on here stating the weaknesses of this Oregon team on here mid week last week. Those weaknesses, trouble running between the tackles, an offense built on big play after big play, and an offense that struggles on 3rd and long were still evident on Saturday with the exception of the of the 3rd and long. Mariota was much more effective throwing on 3rd down than I thought he would be. I thought we did a solid job containing the run on Saturday. They got to the edge a few times, but Thomas really didn't kill us like he has so many other opponents. Where Oregon killed us was our coverage up the middle of the field. Our linebackers, safeties, and our slot corners simply couldn't keep up with the speed that was presented to them in the slot. Give them credit. They were having trouble moving the ball the first 10 minutes of the game, till they made adjustments to pick on our slot corners, linebackers, and safeties inability to cover. Huff and Mundt, along with the passing efficiency of Mariota was the thing that broke our will. Once they found what they had there, they abandoned what they usually do with their running game and hit us play after play. If we had quality depth in our secondary, this game probably doesn't get as ugly as it did from a defensive stand point. Sadly, even if we had a better defensive game, we would've still gotten beat up pretty bad because this offense just can't move the ball. We don't have the running backs to take advantage of a great line. Worley can't hit a wide open receiver farther than 10 yards down the field. Our coaches don't have the faith in our players that they can pick up 4th and 1 because Neal and Lane simply won't put their foot in the ground and get up field. It's a shame, but it is what it is. Oregon was a good measuring stick for our team. I still feel this team will win 6-7 games, and potentially upset someone. Only serious change I do think we need to make is to go with Peterman instead of Worley. He may not make decisions as good as Worley, but he has a much better arm, and he is actually somewhat of a threat to run. Enjoy the process. Florida can't score points either, so if we get a cheap score or two, things could get interesting. Go Vols.

Last edited:
While I agree with some things you are saying, I am still waiting to see this great o-line... I also bought in with the hype but Oregón pressured our qb with a 4 man rush numerous times.. among alot of other inconsistencies...

Getting a beat down... Makes all of search for answers. They don't exist with this roster.

Exactly. I appreciate the efforts of Swafford, Juin, Arnold, etc. but they just aren't good enough to play with a buzz saw like Oregon.

While I agree with some things you are saying, I am still waiting to see this great o-line... I also bought in with the hype but Oregón pressured our qb with a 4 man rush numerous times.. among alot of other inconsistencies...

I think our quarterback play and our running backs make them look much worse than they really are. I watched Yeldon with Alabama make some really nice runs yesterday with much less to work with as far as running room. Can we somehow get Hurd healed and eligible now?

Worley is not capable of making plays. I would love to see either Dobbs or Furgeson get a chance. Burn a redshirt. At this point, I think either one would be better than Worley.

Oline isn't great. Never was. Runningbacks aren't great either.. I do know, i'd play Marlin Lane a lot more after what i've seen the last 3 games.. Neal is still scared to run the football... Tennessee needs Hurd to be as good as his billing when he gets on campus.. Good runningbacks make average lines look great..

I just hope Butch can repair the team's Scorched Soul after the beatdown, this team may be Zombies at season's end

I posted a thread on here stating the weaknesses of this Oregon team on here mid week last week. Those weaknesses, trouble running between the tackles, an offense built on big play after big play, and an offense that struggles on 3rd and long were still evident on Saturday with the exception of the of the 3rd and long. Mariota was much more effective throwing on 3rd down than I thought he would be. I thought we did a solid job containing the run on Saturday. They got to the edge a few times, but Thomas really didn't kill us like he has so many other opponents. Where Oregon killed us was our coverage up the middle of the field. Our linebackers, safeties, and our slot corners simply couldn't keep up with the speed that was presented to them in the slot. Give them credit. They were having trouble moving the ball the first 10 minutes of the game, till they made adjustments to pick on our slot corners, linebackers, and safeties inability to cover. Huff and Mundt, along with the passing efficiency of Mariota was the thing that broke our will. Once they found what they had there, they abandoned what they usually do with their running game and hit us play after play. If we had quality depth in our secondary, this game probably doesn't get as ugly as it did from a defensive stand point. Sadly, even if we had a better defensive game, we would've still gotten beat up pretty bad because this offense just can't move the ball. We don't have the running backs to take advantage of a great line. Worley can't hit a wide open receiver farther than 10 yards down the field. Our coaches don't have the faith in our players that they can pick up 4th and 1 because Neal and Lane simply won't put their foot in the ground and get up field. It's a shame, but it is what it is. Oregon was a good measuring stick for our team. I still feel this team will win 6-7 games, and potentially upset someone. Only serious change I do think we need to make is to go with Peterman instead of Worley. He may not make decisions as good as Worley, but he has a much better arm, and he is actually somewhat of a threat to run. Enjoy the process. Florida can't score points either, so if we get a cheap score or two, things could get interesting. Go Vols.
Paragraph breaks are a wonderful thing.

I'm not going to start a thread on these dam negavols. I hate the word we have people wanting Dooley, turning their VOL fan card in after 23 so called years and different name same results referring to Butch. The game was, well words cant describe that when you bleed orange like I have my WHOLE life and always will even if we lost by 50 every Saturday, you best believe I would still be looking on the ticket forum for tickets I am a VFL and with this schedule by the look at a couple of comments on VN, it's going to be the worse we ever seen but I believe the worst maybe over and after the feeling from yesterday even though it sticks with you forever we will prevail. Stick with Butch people and most importantly the University of Tennessee. Butch Jones may be the HC but no 1man makes UT the tradition and our TRUE fanbase does.

That's my vent to all of you negabit*** that just give up and the whole sky is falling crap. GO VOLS! BEAT gators!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not going to start a thread on these dam negavols. I hate the word we have people wanting Dooley, turning their VOL fan card in after 23 so called years and different name same results referring to Butch. The game was, well words cant describe that when you bleed orange like I have my WHOLE life and always will even if we lost by 50 every Saturday, you best believe I would still be looking on the ticket forum for tickets I am a VFL and with this schedule by the look at a couple of comments on VN, it's going to be the worse we ever seen but I believe the worst maybe over and after the feeling from yesterday even though it sticks with you forever we will prevail. Stick with Butch people and most importantly the University of Tennessee. Butch Jones may be the HC but no 1man makes UT the tradition and our TRUE fanbase does.

That's my vent to all of you negabit*** that just give up and the whole sky is falling crap. GO VOLS! BEAT gators!!!

Good man!....more of us than them...don't worry :good!:

VN Store

Back