Kenny Oneal....A VOL!

He is listed on rivals as a commit if you list the all the WRs. I guess this is such new news that they haven't totally updated the lists.

so has he gained a little time on his 40? looks like his times are a little slower

Heckuva playmaker we've signed in O'Neal. Hopefully this class continues to become more impressive each week. We won't know about Donald until he announces during the Army All-American game, and we won't know about Berry until National Signing Day. But there are some other top prospects out there we might here from soon.

I think this has the potential to a huge pick-up for us if he can stay on the straight and narrow.

Scout.com has him at 4.26. Rivals has him at 4.4. Either way, this guy is a burner.

Kenny's got speed, no doubt about it.

Coming out of high school in 2004, he was labeled by recruiting services as the fastest player in his class. As a sophomore in Georgia, he won the GHSAA 5A 100-meter title...and after moving back home to California, he won the state 100-meter titles there as a junior and senior. He also held the nation's fastest 60-meter time in 2004.

I know we didn't recruit him as a track athlete, and memories of Leonard Scott remind me that track speed doesn't necessarilly make him a sure-thing on the football field...but I, for one, am extremely excited about the class of receivers and playmakers we're collecting in Knoxville this year. :pepper:

Leonard's problem was no hands, not speed. As for O'neal, we'll just have to wait and see how much he has matured but considering the recent handling of some players you would think he knows how CPF feels about the issue of getting in trouble.

The good thing is that between Gerald Jones and Kenny O'Neal we might just find a couple players other than Coker that can return a kickoff and now maybe one can return punts so that Hefney is not on the field for so much of the game. Playmakers in the return game is something we have been lacking for a while now.

There wil be plenty of possible KRs and PRs in this recruiting class, no doubt about it.

O'Neal has a great chance of breaking the starting lineup at WR next year with that kind of ability.. er speed. :p

The good thing is that between Gerald Jones and Kenny O'Neal we might just find a couple players other than Coker that can return a kickoff and now maybe one can return punts so that Hefney is not on the field for so much of the game. Playmakers in the return game is something we have been lacking for a while now.

excellent point, I wold always cringe knowing our most explosive rb was returning kicks.

The KNS said that O'Neal was FSU's leading kick returner as a Fr. averaging approx. 26 yards/return.

which puts him about 24 yards ahead of anybody that does it for us other than Coker

VN Store

Back