Kentucky Spring Game

McCat

Rent free in your head
Instead of playing 1s versus 2s, OC and DC held a draft and picked sides for the Blue/White game. The result was the best spring game I've seen in a while.

The White team, with QB Curtis Pulley, held on to win 23-22 as Knoxville native Lones Seiber's field goal from 46 sailed wide as time expired. Blue was quarterbacked by Mike Hartline, who in my opinion, played better than Pulley.

Native Tennesseean Kyrus Lanxter hauled in a 24-yard touchdown catch, as well as another nice 30-yard falling out of bounds grab. Looking forward to seeing play in the fall.

I saw the score on the news but it kind of shocked me the second team would put up a game like that. Thanks for clearing that up. That sounds pretty cool.

Also, what's the depth chart look like at kicker?

:lolabove: I know a guy that walked-on there. I wanted to know where he's at on the depth chart.

UK used 2 placekickers and 3 guys attempting fg's today.

At placekicker, it's going to be either Masthay or Seiber. Fieldgoals will probably be kicked by Seiber, Housley, or Tylackda.

It makes sense to do it if you have the depth. UK didn't have that for a long time.

It makes sense to do it if you have the depth. UK didn't have that for a long time.
makes sense if you have depth and an established system.

I would like to think we'll do it that way in the future, but for now with our new system, our offense needs the reps as a unit.

Here you go McCat

UT has a QB; South Carolina has a question mark | Mr. College Football | ajc.com

QB will be OK at UK. What the ‘Cats need are some WRs: Kentucky can’t replace quarterback Andre Woodson but it appears the drop-off in production this season won’t be dramatic. Both Curtis Pulley and Mike Hartline played well in Saturday’s spring game. Coach Rich Brooks told reporters on a conference call last week that both quarterbacks “are capable of winning in this league.” His biggest concern on offense is at wide receiver. The Wildcats are going to really miss receivers Keenan Burton and Steve Johnson, plus TE Jacob Tamme, who combined for 182 catches last season. “Right now that’s our biggest question mark going into next year,” Brooks said

What is the scoop on Kyrus Lanxter-Alcoa kid???

See my first post in this thread. :)

I think he's running 2nd or 3rd receiver in the rotation, behind Lyons and Ford. Can't wait to see him in a game situation.

Oops-I skimmed it. Thanks, I saw his dad in Knoxville and he had on Kentucky shoes on and talked his son up. Seemed like a great person.

Oops-I skimmed it. Thanks, I saw his dad in Knoxville and he had on Kentucky shoes on and talked his son up. Seemed like a great person.

Thanks. I can't wait to see what he can do this fall.

VN Store

Back