Kevin Kooper

grivira

A cute boy on tidefans.com alleged that KC is looking hard at Bama b/c UT wants him to play LB,not his favorite FB.

It sounds funny since we now only recruit NFL-caliber LB, how can KC play FB at UT? I think it is impossible. Any other idea about this?

There will be tons of rumors between now and signing day. This is just one of them. Just ignore them.

UT wanted Colts DT Anthony McFarland to be a center so he chose LSU! It happens.

UT has one FB on the roster and they didn't give him much playing time. FB would be the easiest position for a guy to come in and get playing time immediately if he were good.

UT has one FB on the roster and they didn't give him much playing time. FB would be the easiest position for a guy to come in and get playing time immediately if he were good.

I guess our current FB did not get much time cuz they are "good" enough ,as far as Coach Cut's concern.

It is unnecessary to convert KC to LB simply we don't recruit LB with his so-so aptitude. The only reason he comes to UT is he can play FB. If for some reason he could not play FB for us, then I don't really mind he goes to Bama or anywhere else.

Absolutely on both counts.

Anderson was one of Sander's main guys but Cut apparently wasn't satisfied with him or Holbert.

Because there's a lull in real news.

This is why the army always tries to keep soldiers busy. As long as they're doing something, the rumor mill stays relatively quiet.

It is always like this within a month of signing day. Teams' boards are getting thin so they target other's players.

A cute boy on tidefans.com alleged that KC is looking hard at Bama b/c UT wants him to play LB,not his favorite FB.

It sounds funny since we now only recruit NFL-caliber LB, how can KC play FB at UT? I think it is impossible. Any other idea about this?
If KC is a CB he can't play FB:shaking2: .

Bama gets Saban and they think everyone will bow down. ND thinks they are College football and everyone envy's them.
Anderson and Holbert at FB were about as sorry as they come. Can't catch, won't block, can't find a hole and just plain lazy and soft.

Bama gets Saban and they think everyone will bow down. ND thinks they are College football and everyone envy's them.
Anderson and Holbert at FB were about as sorry as they come. Can't catch, won't block, can't find a hole and just plain lazy and soft.

Again, either one of those guys would crush you if you even insinuated to their faces that they were lazy or soft.

I'm sure they would but that doesn't hide the fact that a lack of effort was noticeable. It wasn't just an opinion either. There is a reason we quit using the FB and started using more 2 TEs and moving Brown to HB. Holbert seemed to show a little effort but Anderson would go straight to the 2nd level and look for a safety to chase.

I'm sure they would but that doesn't hide the fact that a lack of effort was noticeable. It wasn't just an opinion either. There is a reason we quit using the FB and started using more 2 TEs and moving Brown to HB. Holbert seemed to show a little effort but Anderson would go straight to the 2nd level and look for a safety to chase.

I think Anderson is a pretty good run blocker from the I formation. He's probably not as good in pass protection. And yes, you can't say that you know for sure that a guy wasn't giving effort. Therefore, that is an opinion.

Then he must have gotten worse because when he was in, we weren't getting much production in the running game. Like I said, there was a reason he was benched for much of the 2nd half of the season.

Then he must have gotten worse because when he was in, we weren't getting much production in the running game. Like I said, there was a reason he was benched for much of the 2nd half of the season.

We weren't getting much production because we weren't playing Lamarcus Coker. Even later when we did, I wouldn't say we were playing a power running game. It was pretty much let Coker make a guy miss than sprint 40 yards.

We did it last year with Foster. I know we had some new OL, but FB comes first. Go back and watch the goalline formations. We got no push at the point of attack.

Or just agree to disagree.

Again, either one of those guys would crush you if you even insinuated to their faces that they were lazy or soft.

I wouldn't insinuate it, I would tell them to their face. I stand behind my words. Facts are facts and it was in the open for everyone to see that is why they were BENCHED!

kpt is obviously biased and probably related to one of them.

I don't know that either was necessarily soft but both obviously didn't show they could consistently do their assignment.

Anderson could have made a huge difference. He was big enough to block any DT the Vols played this year but couldn't even get on the field.

From the personalities of the two coaches, I'd guess that he had discipline/execution problems. Sanders wasn't tight. Cut believes in execution.

VN Store

Back