Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Just read this thread today. The "those grapes were sour anyway" mentality, especially with regard to Lawson, is amusing. She was never going to take the job for a variety of reasons. Duke, with tougher entrance requirements, is on way more of an upswing than the Lady Vols. They've got 5 of ESPNW's top recruits from 2023 and 2024 and made a serious run at Sarah Strong. Tennessee has nada. They're top 15 in the way premature 2024 rankings. The Lady Vols?

Whatever helps one cope I suppose.

Cope with what? Even now Tennessee is a brand that the coach at Duke will never be able to build. Duke WBB just now made it to the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2018. Be forreal. How many players getting drafted from Duke? Tennessee has had four straight Top 10 draft picks.

Say whatever you need to help you cope.

Just read this thread today. The "those grapes were sour anyway" mentality, especially with regard to Lawson, is amusing. She was never going to take the job for a variety of reasons. Duke, with tougher entrance requirements, is on way more of an upswing than the Lady Vols. They've got 5 of ESPNW's top recruits from 2023 and 2024 and made a serious run at Sarah Strong. Tennessee has nada. They're top 15 in the way premature 2024 rankings. The Lady Vols?

Whatever helps one cope I suppose.
And not a knock at Kim. They got the best coach that they could realistically get. Realistically.

Here is some interesting info I looked up…. we should be the most aggressive pressing team in the country. Ohio State pressed a lot and was +7.8 in turnover margin. Here is their games against top 25 teams( at the time the game was playe)
USC +6
Duke +7
Tenn +8
Penn State+7
UCLA +1
Iowa +2
Iowa even
Indiana +10

I think the press may work better against the SEC than most think it will.

My daughter shoots around 58% on the gun beyond the three point line. It drops to the 20% range in games. I would guess that most of the Lady Vols hit at least that % off of the gun. Changes such as not fearing missing the shot…. more freedom to shoot… and more open shots is probably why Kim’s last team improved by 4% over the previous season. I believe it will happen for the Lady Vols as well… Can’t wait for them to get started… Go Lady Vols!!!

VN Store

Back