Lady Vols⚽️#23 Tennessee @ Alabama 7PM Sunday 9/22 ESPNU

Are you teasing or serious? I don't use the word "Lady" anymore---it's antiquated and, as I think someone else notes, I don't think there's another women's program in the /country/ that uses the term "Lady TK" anymore. Same with the LV logo--it needs to be retired.
From what I recall, there was actually a vote with the soccer team a couple Years ago and they wanted to be lady vols. I say if they choose it, then let it be.

Last edited:
From what I recall, there was actually a vote with the soccer team a couple Yeats ago and they wanted to be lady vols. I say if they choose it, then let it be.

I don't know if this is true or not. What I do know is that the soccer program was not using the LV logo until recently--it was using the Power T logo. Now it seems that it uses BOTH logos, at least on some social media posts I've seen--which is rather silly. Women ditched hoop skirts at one time, and it's time to do the same with the LV logo. ll have to check to see if if Oklahoma State is really using the term "cowgirls." If so, that's even worse than Lady Vols! Anyway, let's move on....

It can be rather hard to watch collegiate soccer after watching pro soccer or the Women's World Cup. It's like if you watched collegiate soccer for weeks and then suddenly started watching a high school soccer match---a rather noticeable and, to be fair, expected dropoff in individual and team quality.

During the last summer Olympics, i watched a lot of volleyball--men and women. Olympic volleyball is quite amazing. And then, right after the Olympics I watched a Tennessee volleyball match on TV, and, truly, my first thought about both SEC teams was: "Good grief, they are terrible."

In soccer a lot of the quality dropoff is just (lack of) poise and decision-making: collegiate players make quite a few poor decisions with the ball. I'm sure we won't do that today!

Reactions: knoxvol52 and MAD
Wow: We've looked mostly awful in the first 30 minutes. Lucky we haven't given up a goal. Our defenders--especially Hennessey, Washington and Renie--have been bad. They are playing like their wearing concrete boots---slow.

Simmonds with a bad PK shot, and then Runyon had an easy goal on a header--but headed it over the bar. Oh, my. We're struggling.

we played better in the second half of the half--missed some good opportunities. Simmonds telegraphed her PK shot, Runyon futzed an easy header, their keeper made a couple of nice saves. Chatterton was a good sub--much quicker. Hennessey was solid/good against Cal but she was woeful early in this game. Washington was also not good. We need to switch field of play---we are always trying to play through heavy defensive traffic and it doesn't work; have to get the ball to the other side of the field, where there is space and fewer defenders. Lawton has helped. We are hapless as usual on corner kicks: 7 corners. Need a couple of goals this half.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back