Lady Vols At Lsu

surrealvol

Anyone besides me who is a bit nervous about our Lady Vols going to LSU Thursday night?

LSU is #1 and playing well.

Can we knock them off and come back with a BIG WIN?

Can we keep that big SEC winning streak intact or not? :cross:

I think we can if everyone shows up to play...we beat UCONN this year and they've owned us lately so if we could get over that hump, I don't see why we can't get over this one

I agree that everyone will have to "show up". The threes will have to fly and the fouls will have to be kept to a minimum. Either the refs were foul happy or the Lady Vols were being agressive or sloppy in the Florida game. That cannot happen against a team like LSU.....I guess they are ranked No. 1 for a reason?
I would say it all depends on the focus and hot or cold shooting of the Lady Vols...I do think it is possible for the to win!

I love our chances in this game!! I'm not nervous at all! Fluker will be back in this game! and I like Anosike chances on O and D against there 4 I also like our chance with loree moree against temeka johnson! Loree and Hornbuckle should take her to the post and post her up and take advantage of there size advantage!

The matchup that will be intresting is Ely against Augustus wow!!! Then the other one is Jackson against hodges I know that hodges likes to take outside shots but she is also quick off the dribble!

But of course the big part of the game will be rebounding rebounding rebounding!! LSU has 6'5 slyvia Flowers( i think thats right) she is a beast for a freshman rebounding and blocking shots is her strength! Not much of a threat on O she gets most of her points by getting rebounds. But she is a force on D!

All in all I like this matchup I just think in the end our bench and depth will be too much for them to handle and we will win!!

If they can rebound and shoot the ball like they did in the Ole Miss game, they will be fine. If it is another slow starting game, we could be in trouble.

I wish Candace Parker would play. I'd feel better about our chances if she could.

I heard that Parker practiced and they are just watching her to see if her knee swells. If the swelling stays down who knows, we might just see her get some minutes.

This late in the season, it would probably make more sense to redshirt her and let that knee really get well.

I agree, Unless they feel she could take us to the championship game. It's my understanding that they structured thier game this year around Parker, hoping she would be ready. I guess it will be something special when she does finally get out on the court.

According to Summitt Parker needs a 2 weeks at full speed in full practices so don't look for her against LSU. Maybe a week before Tournament starts.

UT hasn't had much luck at LSU in recent years and this one should be a barn burner.

This week will be very nervewrecking for me.

Wednesday is UNC vs. Duke

Thursday is Lady Vols vs. LSU

Ugh I hope UNC and the Lady Vols win, I'm gonna be in a foul mood for awhile if that doesnt happen

Yeah, that's right...This week is rivalry week.....Anyone going to watch Oklahoma and Oklahoma State tonight?

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 7, 2005 8:16 PM
Anyone going to watch Oklahoma and Oklahoma State tonight?

:yuck: I would rather watch water polo.

im watching it right now. cant wait for wensday for nc vs duke, i might have to miss the tennessee alabama game if there on at the same time.

I'm waiting on Kansas and Kansas State sometime this week...JAYHAWKS!!!!!!!!!

yeah i just saw kansas states record eariler today and they must have flown under the radar beaceuse there record is pretty darn good.

I hadn't really paid too much attnetion to it since Kansas got spanked by Villanova I've watched them more and more lol...I hadn't ever really missed a game this year but I've made it a point not to miss one now...Never know what will happen...My Jayhawks looked good against Texas and Nebraska...Hope they make through the tourney come March

wayne simeon is the key. get the offense through him and they should do fine.

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 7, 2005 11:06 PM
I hadn't really paid too much attnetion to it since Kansas got spanked by Villanova I've watched them more and more lol...I hadn't ever really missed a game this year but I've made it a point not to miss one now...Never know what will happen...My Jayhawks looked good against Texas and Nebraska...Hope they make through the tourney come March

KS basketball follows KSU football when it comes to scheduling, thats why their record looks as good as it does.

VN Store

Back