Lady Vols Chances In Ff

ParisVol

Interested to hear what you guys think about the Lady Vols' chances of winning No. 7. In my opinion, we've got a great chance of bringing the big trophy home. It's going to be tough, but I think Shyra Ely and Shanna Zolman have extra motivation with the FF in their backyard. I'm confident we can win it, but I sure hope we don't screw up a chance to get the NC with UConn sitting on the sidelines. Of course, the ultimate would be beating Geno and shoving it in his face. But it would still be sweet to have Puke-Conn sitting at home watching us celebrate another title.

Well, I think our chances are just as good if not better than the other teams. There are four great teams in the final four this year. It is all going to depend on Ely. I don't think they can survive another low scoring game from her. I wonder if TO is going to be there?

Attachments

• 0331owens_e.jpg
    0331owens_e.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
I would say our chances are better than Baylor and MSU because our girls have been there every year and know what to expect. There will be a lot of pressure and distractions on the first-timers. UT and LSU in the finals. T.O. being there would be cool, but I hope Peyton shows up to support them! :rocks:

we gotta beat lsu. period..they have a grudge after the sec championship..

it will be tough to stop augustus. i think we will cruise against msu. has pat ever lost a national semifinal?

i doubt it.

but lsu will be really tough to beat.

Even though we have experience in the match-up zone (style in which MSU plays) by virtue of playing Auburn twice, we won those games by only ten points each. MSU will play more physical (have you seen that beast that plays center?) and are a #1 seed. I think we will win, but this game scares me as much as LSwho?

I saw we got this next game in the bag. We have to much team chemistry to get beat by anyone this year.

Yep, I would be happy if Baylor beat LSU. I just don't want to hear Simone Augustus' name mentioned another 1000 times.

And they always top it off with the Augustus interview where we all have to hear her try and put sentences together.....

One thing I have noticed about Pat Summitt's teams is that for the most part, they look like GIRLS. I know there have been exceptions, but UConn players look like ugly men trying to be women.

I agree....I posted last year on another board that Uconn might have beat us, but our girls were way better looking and I got flamed big time by the Ucon posters...... ;) It was fun.

I wish Pat would put the names back on the jersies as I get Moore and Hornbuckle confused. Moore will be gone next year right?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 31, 2005 9:32 PM
I agree....I posted last year on another board that Uconn might have beat us, but our girls were way better looking and I got flamed big time by the Ucon posters...... ;) It was fun.

I wish Pat would put the names back on the jersies as I get Moore and Hornbuckle confused. Moore will be gone next year right?

Yep, Moore is a senior along with Shyra Ely and Brittany Jackson, all have good chances at playing in the WNBA next year.

I like our chances, we're playing our best basketball right now and we've been there before. Even though everyone wants to slurp up LSU, I say we're the favorites to win it all and we will do just that.

Can't waitr for Monday and Tuesday, I'll see both my men's basketball team(North Carolina) and women's basketball team(Tennessee) win championships this year!

Teams don't need names on the back of jerseys. If u need that the team cannot be too big of a deal to you. The Yankees don't need names. Notre Dame needs no names. Names are for partial fans and t.v.. Sorry to flame u but it is the truth!

It was more a reference on how Moore and Hornbuckle look alike. Funny, I would think a partial fan only pulls for the team in one sport like ummmm football and not support the rest..

I think we will prove to be too fast for MSU. They looked a bit tired the other night at the end of thegame, even though they won. So we will get that one.

I have a sinking feeling about the NC game. We need to come out hot to establish that we believe we can win it. If LSPhew gets off to a good start, they will think it is their destiny.

And Pokey, the mighty mite, will be shown 3 gazillion times with that smirkey little smile and the announcers will talk about how SA is by far the best player in the galaxy.

Maybe I will watch it with the sound off and listen to the radio for the call. That's always better anyway.BUT, I think we come out smokin' and win by 7-9 points! Go Lady Vols!!!!!!!

:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

If Tennessee wins the next 2 games they will be National Champions... Just kidding, I was thinking of an old Bobby Knight quote... Anyway, I think Tennessee will handle Mich St. After that game I will worry about the LSU/Baylor winner. At 882 victories, I am sure Pat has a surprise or two. Go Shanna, Shyra and Loree!

Jackson will not make the WNBA.
Summitt has lost more than once in the semi-finals.

Mich State will be a very tough game. THe outside shooters must bring A game for UT to win

VN Store

Back