Lady Vols

volattic

I just wanna say congrats to making it to the final four and winning the sec championship!!I went to some games this year and was told that this was the worst team in 10 years. Well you guys fought and scratched your way threw all kinds of adversity this year and i am proud of you!Keep your heads up and as for Ely and Jackson and Lori Moore you will be missed but you have to look at the bright future Candance Parker will be healthy and so will spencer and the other girls that missed i think that the future sure does look bright for Lady Vol basketball but congrats on a great year you have nothing to hold your head down for!!

I agree, getting back to the final four....again.....is nothing to be ashamed of. There is always going to be a winner and a loser and you can't be the winner everytime.

Is Zolman not a senior this year?

:elephant: :pepper: :elephant: :fworks:

good job girls. Great year. go get them next year.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Apr 3, 2005 11:11 PM
I agree, getting back to the final four....again.....is nothing to be ashamed of. There is always going to be a winner and a loser and you can't be the winner everytime.

Is Zolman not a senior this year?

she will be a senior next year.

Originally posted by volmedic@Apr 3, 2005 11:18 PM
she will be a senior next year.

Here I was thinking that she was gone. I feel a little better now... :good:

ugh...I wish I could be giving out congrats to them right now, I'm just too upset to bring myself to do so right now though.

Stunned how we just choked that game away, I didnt even see it coming and before I knew it, MSU tied the game after being 16 points down. What hurts even more is seeing LSU lose to Baylor, with them out of the way there should've been no reason for not winning our 7th national title.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Apr 3, 2005 11:32 PM
ugh...I wish I could be giving out congrats to them right now, I'm just too upset to bring myself to do so right now though.

Stunned how we just choked that game away, I didnt even see it coming and before I knew it, MSU tied the game after being 16 points down. What hurts even more is seeing LSU lose to Baylor, with them out of the way there should've been no reason for not winning our 7th national title.

i understand where you are comming from but all year along it was called a rebuilding year for Lady Vols basketball and we finish 3rd in the country Just think if we are rebuilding this year how the next 3 is gonna look with Hornbuckle,Spencer,Candance Parker,Nikki Anasike,Zolman,Sa'de Willey Gatewood,i mean we had 5 girls out that couldnt play because of Knee Injuires we cant go no wheres but up from here with the Depth we got!!

Congratulations Lady Vols for making the Final Four. 60 other teams weren't so lucky.

after all the injuries getting back to the final 4 is pretty impressive and at leat Pukeon wasn't the ones to send us packin! MSU has been the giant killer all yr!

Well, congrats for making the final 4. . . . . but gotta be disappointed in that second half of the second half. Pissing away a 16 point lead is something I thought only the men were capable of.

Don't everyone shoot me at once, but a bad loss is a bad loss, and I don't feel we played up to our potential at the end.

Anyway, hats off to Pat for her accomplishments and to the team for overcoming injuries to get as far as they did. I just wish Peyton and I were going to get to wear our "other" Orange shirt Tuesday.

No doubt we gagged unlike any Lady Vol team I've ever seen. With that being said, the Final Four is still a huge accomplishment in light of the injuries we faced.

I hate to say it, but not having Tennessee or UConn in the finals is probably a very good thing for Women's college basketball in general.

Great year for the lady Vols!! 4 knee injuries and still making the final four is saying just how special this team was! Good luck to the 3 seniors in the Future Moore,Ely,Jackson!

Ok, I'm a bad Bama fan, but I was pulling for the Lady Vols. I think you have a great coach, and have followed her career for years. I can't imagine becoming a head coach of a large university at 22 years of age, and to have stayed there all this time. Not to mentioned the great seasons she has had and championships she has won. Just want to congratulate Tennessee on a great season.

Originally posted by Bama My Heart@Apr 4, 2005 12:39 PM
Ok, I'm a bad Bama fan, but I was pulling for the Lady Vols. I think you have a great coach, and have followed her career for years. I can't imagine becoming a head coach of a large university at 22 years of age, and to have stayed there all this time. Not to mentioned the great seasons she has had and championships she has won. Just want to congratulate Tennessee on a great season.

Wow, a polite Bama fan!!!!!!! Thank you and welcome to the boards!!!!!!! :peace2: :welcome:

Originally posted by Bama My Heart@Apr 4, 2005 10:39 AM

Thanks. :good: Welcome, and stick around.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Apr 3, 2005 11:32 PM

i watched the game at a friends house and it was a very sloppy played game. i thought Tenn was going to pull it out but they made to many mistakes. Free throw shooting was horrible, they let MSU back into it, and their field goal % wasnt great. if they would have gotten off to a better start and didnt turn the ball over they could have won it. it makes me mad that they seemed to give up and just let MSU take the game away. i believe Tennessee is a better team than MSU and possibly Baylor but when they play like that it is possible for anyone to beat them. but Congrats to them making it to the final 4! it was an awesome season! :clap:

Originally posted by aucollegegirl@Apr 4, 2005 7:46 PM
when they play like that it is possible for anyone to beat them. but Congrats to them making it to the final 4! it was an awesome season!

Welcome to the board! It was only a matter of time before they lost a game playing sloppy. They had many games like that this year that they survived and won. I am certain that they were a better team than MSU. Even with the bad play they almost won. Anyway water under the bridge now I guess. Time to say "there's always next year".......AGAIN :rolleyes:

Originally posted by aucollegegirl+Apr 4, 2005 7:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aucollegegirl @ Apr 4, 2005 7:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GoVolsDogg@Apr 3, 2005 11:32 PM
ugh...I wish I could be giving out congrats to them right now, I&#39;m just too upset to bring myself to do so right now though.

Stunned how we just choked that game away, I didnt even see it coming and before I knew it, MSU tied the game after being 16 points down. What hurts even more is seeing LSU lose to Baylor, with them out of the way there should&#39;ve been no reason for not winning our 7th national title.

i watched the game at a friends house and it was a very sloppy played game. i thought Tenn was going to pull it out but they made to many mistakes. Free throw shooting was horrible, they let MSU back into it, and their field goal % wasnt great. if they would have gotten off to a better start and didnt turn the ball over they could have won it. it makes me mad that they seemed to give up and just let MSU take the game away. i believe Tennessee is a better team than MSU and possibly Baylor but when they play like that it is possible for anyone to beat them. but Congrats to them making it to the final 4&#33; it was an awesome season&#33; :clap: [/quote]
The sting is fading now, and I realize that getting to the final 4 is a great accomplishment, but damn, it&#39;s not so much that we lost it&#39;s the way we lost it.

We couldn&#39;t make our free throws, we turned the ball over, no one stepped up to make a big basket, I&#39;ve never seen the Lady Vols just choke like that. I&#39;m used to teams folding up when they&#39;re down by 16 to Tennessee, and the Lady Vols keep packing it on them, this was jsut different. MSU didn&#39;t fold and didnt lose composure, while we did, just a totally new situation.

Congrats on getting to the final 4, but damn, we had it in the bag and coughed it up big time.

yeah good season. i love all u guys er. girls.

but comeon.

this is worse than the yankees choke in the alcs last year.

nc number 7 got flushed down the toilet. :flush: :disappointed:

Hey fellas. Not been here in a while. Just wanted to congratulate your team on it&#39;s millionth final four appearance. Believe me, I was pulling, yanking, PRAYING for a UT-LSU matchup in the final. That would&#39;ve totally rocked. Oh well. Good luck to your women in the next season. We will be waiting. :)

Originally posted by Atreus21@Apr 4, 2005 7:57 PM
Hey fellas. Not been here in a while. Just wanted to congratulate your team on it&#39;s millionth final four appearance. Believe me, I was pulling, yanking, PRAYING for a UT-LSU matchup in the final. That would&#39;ve totally rocked. Oh well. Good luck to your women in the next season. We will be waiting. :)

Yeah i was really hoping for us to play you again. Oh well, Im looking foward to the Parker-augustus matchup.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Apr 4, 2005 6:57 PM

Congrats to you guys too&#33;&#33;&#33; I was shocked to see the Lady Tigers fall&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Next year should be fun............ :naughty:

We might have lost in the final four, but look at the outcome. We have a Bama, Auburn and LSU fan all in the same thread....and we are all getting along.

Can&#39;t you just feel the love?? :lol:

VN Store

Back