Lang testimony

Plano Vol

I find it unsettling that someone testifies IN FEDERAL COURT that Tennessee offered money (but didn't pay) to a high school coach to steer a player to Tennessee. I hope there is no basis to it. One of the hallmarks of our program is that we run a clean ship and I don't like hearing anything to the contrary.

Does anyone know what this guy is talking about?

First of all - there is no such thing as a "clean ship" in college football - the sooner you come to terms with that the better. Now I will say that there are varying degrees of cleanliness.

With regard to Lang - he mentioned us along with about half of the SEC and some northern schools as offering but never paying. Thge catch is that this guy has already plea bargained his sentence and is fulfilling his obligation - it still remains that this is a man who "shopped" a player out adn is obviously not trustworthy.

He can say what he wants, but the FACTS are that no coach ever visited with Albert Means ans Alert Means never visited Knoxville. Fulmer and staff backed off on his recruitment. Thats not an opinion, that is a fact. So if a coach was offering money, it seems to me that Fulmer was happy about it, giving that they stopped recruiting Means. I wish we could stop talking about this stuff on this board.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Jan 27, 2005 2:23 PM
Lang's testimony is about as credible as OJ Simpson's.

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!

Let's inject a little common sense here folks: Lang was convicted based on cooperation of officals at; Arkansas, Kentucky, GA, UT, and Alabama.

Now, did I, or he leave anyone out.

It's obvious he wants to smear those who have made it possible for him to be waiting conviction by a federal judge.

UT never offered money, but money was requested by Lang and UT dropped Means recruitment. Those are facts.

VN Store

Back