Larry Brown to Stanford?

I guess the money is why they go to the nba , but if I were a coach , I think I would rather coach college.

Why not? It's probably one of the few coaching jobs left in the country he hasn't had yet.

Just heard from an almost unimpeachable NBA source that Charlotte, Chicago, and Atlanta are all poised to make a run at Brown. Dallas may well join the fray if they get hammered out of their series.

I'm sure Avery Johnson is on a very short leash after last years debacle and now getting kicked around in this years first round of the playoffs.

Chicago's season got torpedoed by the Ben Wallace led revolt against Scott Skiles. With Big Ben wisely jettisoned and a lottery pick on the way, a Larry Brown led Chicago team would win between 47 and 53 games next season. Boston and Detroit will both be a year older. Cleveland mortgaged their future for this year by picking up a declining, big salary guy like Wallace.

Chicago's season got torpedoed by the Ben Wallace led revolt against Scott Skiles. With Big Ben wisely jettisoned and a lottery pick on the way, a Larry Brown led Chicago team would win between 47 and 53 games next season. Boston and Detroit will both be a year older. Cleveland mortgaged their future for this year by picking up a declining, big salary guy like Wallace.
there's no way they're competitive with Boston or Detroit. They might be #3, but they're more than one lottery choice from playing with those guys.

there's no way they're competitive with Boston or Detroit. They might be #3, but they're more than one lottery choice from playing with those guys.
Boston is Ray Allen's constantly throbbing ankle and Paul Pierce's chronically aching back going out in tandem from being the '05-'06 Timberwolves. This Detroit group is going to go down just like The Bad Boys did. They're suddenly going to wake up one morning and be old and awful. Might happen in '08-'09, might happen the next season. It is going to happen, and soon.

Boston is Ray Allen's constantly throbbing ankle and Paul Pierce's chronically aching back going out in tandem from being the '05-'06 Timberwolves. This Detroit group is going to go down just like The Bad Boys did. They're suddenly going to wake up one morning and be old and awful. Might happen in '08-'09, might happen the next season. It is going to happen, and soon.

So quick recap
Boston-KG is now on his decline, Allen and Pierce both are potential injuries waiting to happen.
Detroit-Getting old, it's just a matter of time, Maxiel looks to be the guy that's emerging there with the other guys getting old
Cleveland-Lebron, no one else
Toronto-Solid foundation Bosh is a good player
Orlando-Howard is emerging a good solid foundation there also
Washington-Butler and Stephenson are both good player. Arenas will be gone
Philadelphia-Not quite there yet
Atlanta-have made strides, but still are off
New Jersey-Carter's about done, Jefferson's struggled also

So what does this leave, a solid chance for the Chicago Bulls to make a run in the East next year. If Cleveland can make an NBA Finals appearance with what they had last season, then Chicago can make a run

I don't disagree with either of you that Boston and Detroit are getting older, but Chicago's roster just isn't very good.

I don't disagree with either of you that Boston and Detroit are getting older, but Chicago's roster just isn't very good.

The roster isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. Luol Deng may be the next star in the league, Ben Gordon is an incredible scorer, Gooden is a good player down low, Noicioni(sp) is a very underated double figure points man as well, Larry Hughes may be overated as a player in the league, but he's a great option also. If Hinirich can put up 12 and 7 every night then he's doing his job also. I personally think Tyrus Thomas was a bust as the top pick, but if he excels like Chicago is banking on and they pick up a useful player in the draft then they have an excellent shot to compete with the others. Keep in mind that Chicago won nearly 50 games 2 seasons ago with a roster just as good as they have now. I'm not saying they're going to win 70 games but they should win around 50-55

The roster isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. Luol Deng may be the next star in the league, Ben Gordon is an incredible scorer, Gooden is a good player down low, Noicioni(sp) is a very underated double figure points man as well, Larry Hughes may be overated as a player in the league, but he's a great option also. If Hinirich can put up 12 and 7 every night then he's doing his job also. I personally think Tyrus Thomas was a bust as the top pick, but if he excels like Chicago is banking on and they pick up a useful player in the draft then they have an excellent shot to compete with the others. Keep in mind that Chicago won nearly 50 games 2 seasons ago with a roster just as good as they have now. I'm not saying they're going to win 70 games but they should win around 50-55

I agree with you and hat about their potential but including Larry Hughes in the equation at all is a mistake. Using the word "great" and his name in the same sentence is a disgrace.

I agree with you and hat about their potential but including Larry Hughes in the equation at all is a mistake. Using the word "great" and his name in the same sentence is a disgrace.

I said he was overated, but when he's the 5th option on your team then I would consider that a great option

I said he was overated, but when he's the 5th option on your team then I would consider that a great option

I know what you're saying but I think of him like I used to think of Tim Thomas, talented but I think a team is better off without him at all.

Just heard from an almost unimpeachable NBA source that Charlotte, Chicago, and Atlanta are all poised to make a run at Brown. Dallas may well join the fray if they get hammered out of their series.

The last time I cared about the Hawks, Mookie "Pearl Jam" Blaylock was running the point and Jon Koncak was sucking salary from more worthy players.

Next year I might care again.

VN Store

Back