Leach to Washington?

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
What do yall think? Our local guys on the radio kicked this idea around yesterday for a good 30 mins. I dont think it would happen but I was interested to see your take.

washington isn't a very good job right now. their talent ranks in the bottom of the pac-10, their facilities stink, the so cal pipeline is now going to oregon and cal (outside of USC or UCLA of course), the state of washington produces very few div 1a players, and their fanbase seems to think they should still be winning national championships.

So, with all that being said, if they were to throw themselves onto Leach do you think he would go? I know the $ would have to be insane.

leach apparently wants out of tech big time for some reason and UW does have the donors to pay him in the 3 mil range. my guess is they will go after mora (UW roots), peterson (pac-10 roots), and kiffen (pac-10 roots) well before leach.

washington isn't a very good job right now. their talent ranks in the bottom of the pac-10, their facilities stink, the so cal pipeline is now going to oregon and cal (outside of USC or UCLA of course), the state of washington produces very few div 1a players, and their fanbase seems to think they should still be winning national championships.

Leach doesn't really pull in studs at Tech (Crabtree being the exception).

I don't think recruiting is going to be a big setback for him

Well, the only thing I think would sway him is the weaker confrence appeal. I know Droski does not want to hear that, but its true. Now getting players to go to Washington will be a task to say the least.

weaker conference today, but i'd say leach's division (not the big-12 overall) since he has been there has been inferior to the pac-10.

Last edited:
Why do you say he wants out of tche? I've heard him in interviews everyweek here in aggieland (as sad as that may sound) and I dont get that impression. I just thought the idea of him going to Washington was a bit strange.

there have been rumors he went hard after the miami and ucla jobs. whether that is true or not i have no idea. but generally in these situations where there is smoke there is fire. though i doubt many universities will pay him more than tech.

weaker conference today, but i'd say leach's division (not the big-12 overall) since he has been there has been inferior to the pac-10.

Do you have the Big 12 divisions mixed up? Texas Tech is in the South.

Leach's division includes Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and Baylor.

Reactions: BUBear
I agree on that. Plus, he's kind of got the rule of the roost there in the desert, with Knight Jr. just getting started. Plus, lets face it, no one enjoys that trip to Lubbock because of the fan base. As long as they are paying to see the product, they'll have to compensate the coaches, thus, I dont see him leaving. It would make much more sense if Washington had something else to offer along with a lot of money, but like you posted, they dont.

VN Store

Back