Lee Hart, Wife Of Gary Hart, Dies at 85 Years

Franklin Pierce

Lee Hart dies at 85: The betrayed wife stood by her husband Gary Hart as his 1987 presidential campaign collapsed when his affair with model Donna Rice was exposed and they remained together until the end

Lee Hart, the wife of former Senator Gary Hart of Colorado, who stood by him when his front-running campaign for the presidency collapsed in 1987 for having an extramarital affair, died on Friday aged 85.

Her family confirmed she had died in Lakewood Colorado after a short illness, but did not specify a cause.

Lee Hart was propelled into the nation's consciousness when her husband, a Colorado Senator and the favorite to win the 1988 Democratic Party nomination for president, was exposed as having an affair with a young model from Florida, Donna Rice.

41627948-9460017-image-a-3_1618181469850.jpg

Gary and Lee Hart on the campaign trail in 1984 during Gary's first run for President. She was a constant companion as he made a credible run for the nomination, before losing to Walter Mondale

Lee Hart, who stood by her presidential candidate husband Gary after affair exposed, died age 85 | Daily Mail Online

This news warrants a whole new thread? I've forgotten about Gary Hart & his wife ... that was 34 years ago.
Idk .... maybe I've missed something here. Should I care?

VN Store

Back