Lerentee McCray

I still don't understand why we are still looking at LB's. How many LB's can you possibly have on one roster.

Usually they are they players on the team with the best combination of athleticism, speed, and strength. Sounds like good guys to have on the team. They can fill lots of special teams spots. Plus they have the potential to grow into other positions.

he's a pure chavis type linebacker...no way he goes to DE.

Nobody said he was moving to DE. The "DE" comments were in response to the guy asking why we took so many LB's. This kid seems to be a perfect fit at LB. I'm sure there would be no plans to move him.

apparently Miami has dropped McCray and is no longer recruiting him because he refused to stop taking visits.

He visited the Vols this weekend

whats your source?

It's true...I don't subscribe to rivals, but here is their free teaser:

The Latest: EXCLUSIVE: Canes, commit part ways — 12/9/2007

This recruit says he is no longer a Miami commitment. But it's not by choice. Miami has been burned in recent years by late decommitments. So coaches are apparently taking a different approach this year, and this...

he says he will visit South Carolina and Florida State and then make a decision between those two, UT, and LSU. He said the trip helped our chances and called it good. Said the family atmosphere suprised him a lot.

Shannon is a hypocrite if that is true. They dropped McCray for taking visits but didn't drop the 15 Miami kids that are taking visits. Let's see them cut Sean Spence, Aldarius Johnson, or Marcus Forston loose.

Shannon may not be there very long. When they tabbed him as the next coach I recall being completely underwhelmed.

But then again, I could too with all those Florida boys who flock to the school just because its "Tha U"

But then again, I could too with all those Florida boys who flock to the school just because its "Tha U"

He's changing that program from the ground up. He's exactly what Miami needed. Miami's starting TB is from Memphis TN. He's already got another LB from Memphis headed to him.

And he's recruiting Florida better than anybody, right now.

From what I've heard he really enjoyed his visit to us and LSU. As previously stated he is off Miami's board but says he's still interested. I think he's wide open and we have as good a shot at him as anyone. He needs to put on weight. He's only about 200 right now but he performed very well at the scout combine and is very athletic. He would be a good get.

VN Store

Back