Let's be honest.....

mbtn

There are few if any of us that would not have agreed to take a 9-3 season with wins over Floridah and Alabubba and a New Year's Day Bowl game and call this year an incredible victory. Barring catastrophic injury, that is now firmly within this team's grasp. We all want more and that is great, but from this point forward let's all agree that this team, coaches and administration have played their hearts out and have earned our respect and admiration. From now on we are playing with house money. If you're still suffering from BVS, get therapy. No matter what happens let's support this team, refrain from second guessing coaches or dogging players. There have been and will be mistakes made but whatever comes WE ARE VOLNATION AND WE WILL SUPPORT THIS TEAM THROUGH HADES AND HIGH WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, all of you STOP this! This is how losers talk. "Whatever happens" is codeword for "when we lose". You are imagining when we lose that oh, "support the team" because hey we are "winning more than what we expected". This is not the behavior of champions.

I understand, I do. We have BEEN losers for so long. Every time we started wining a bit or something good happened, BAM! the rug got pulled out from under us like Lucy with the football. BVS runs deep in every true Orange blooded heart. But we have GOT to start THINKING like CHAMPIONS again as a fan base.

You dont sit there and say "What if we LOSE" "how we will act if we lose?", you start with the point of "What will we do if we win? ""How sweet will it be when we win, etc"

Sure the team could lose any game the rest of the season or even all of them. But what they have shown is that they CAN also win every single game on our schedule or EVEN ALL OF THEM.

So until they show us something different, can we start having threads that focus on what our strategies are going to be WHEN WE WIN, not how to keep it together if we lose one?

This was your VOL PSA for the week.

Please, all of you STOP this!

well, someone thinks highly of their own opinion.
Gandalf is obviously not a VFL: even his catch phrase is "You Shall Not Pass! "

61IjX9fG2sL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Oh great, we are doing this again. About to be 7-0, just beat Bama, and we're doing this again.

Please, all of you STOP this! This is how losers talk. "Whatever happens" is codeword for "when we lose". You are imagining when we lose that oh, "support the team" because hey we are "winning more than what we expected". This is not the behavior of champions.

I understand, I do. We have BEEN losers for so long. Every time we started wining a bit or something good happened, BAM! the rug got pulled out from under us like Lucy with the football. BVS runs deep in every true Orange blooded heart. But we have GOT to start THINKING like CHAMPIONS again as a fan base.

You dont sit there and say "What if we LOSE" "how we will act if we lose?", you start with the point of "What will we do if we win? ""How sweet will it be when we win, etc"

Sure the team could lose any game the rest of the season or even all of them. But what they have shown is that they CAN also win every single game on our schedule or EVEN ALL OF THEM.

So until they show us something different, can we start having threads that focus on what our strategies are going to be WHEN WE WIN, not how to keep it together if we lose one?

This was your VOL PSA for the week.

it's as bad with all the "can we keep Heupel?' talk this season.

Reactions: vols40 and Gandalf
Start of the season I thought 9-3 would have been way successful even with potential losses to Bama, UGA, and LSU/Florida/Kentucky. Now, with 2 more of those games on the horizon, sweeping those 5 and heading to Atlanta is a real possibility.

To say this season is a huge success so far is an understatement.

Edit: Huge success *so far*

Last edited:
well, someone thinks highly of their own opinion.
Gandalf is obviously not a VFL: even his catch phrase is "You Shall Not Pass! "

61IjX9fG2sL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Ok that is funny - but you should know I make an exception for Hookers. :cool:

I seriously don’t see where 3 losses “could” come from.

I mean if somehow they lost to KY and they lost to Georgia that would be 2………where’s the 3’rd? SC? Seriously?

I don’t see how the worst case scenario isn’t 2 loss, “normal” or average scenario might be 1 loss…….and the ceiling is SEC championship…….probably playoff win or lose there.

isn't it great to finally see our team improve as the season progresses. Been a long time coming, feels great to have a real coaching staff.

Reactions: TGVol and Gandalf
Start of the season I thought 9-3 would have been way successful even with potential losses to Bama, UGA, and LSU/Florida/Kentucky. Now, with 2 more of those games on the horizon, sweeping those 5 and heading to Atlanta is a real possibility.

To say this season is a huge success is an understatement.

I agree with every single word you wrote except you MUST take out Kentucky. No season ever can be a huge success if we lose to them (and/or Vandy, SCjr, Mizzou) in football.

Pre-season, I think most people would have taken 9-3. Sitting at 6-0, it is natural to want to ride the wave and shock the world. I will be able to breath easier once UK is in the rearview. We are their Super Bowl every year...definitely glad to have that one in Neyland this year.

I agree with every single word you wrote except you MUST take out Kentucky. No season ever can be a huge success if we lose to them (and/or Vandy, SCjr, Mizzou) in football.

That's funny, I originally had a "so far" in that line but accidentally didn't put it back in when I made an edit.

There are few if any of us that would not have agreed to take a 9-3 season with wins over Floridah and Alabubba and a New Year's Day Bowl game and call this year an incredible victory. Barring catastrophic injury, that is now firmly within this team's grasp. We all want more and that is great, but from this point forward let's all agree that this team, coaches and administration have played their hearts out and have earned our respect and admiration. From now on we are playing with house money. If you're still suffering from BVS, get therapy. No matter what happens let's support this team, refrain from second guessing coaches or dogging players. There have been and will be mistakes made but whatever comes WE ARE VOLNATION AND WE WILL SUPPORT THIS TEAM THROUGH HADES AND HIGH WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A1BE0AB7-2898-44CD-A04E-C5909C052F1E.gif

Even against UGA if we can shut down or at least limit their star TE, and don't let QB run arond too much I like our chances outscoring them (their QB does ok in passing game but will not do anywhere close to the type of damage like Bryce Young just did). I especially like our chances if Tillman is available and playing anywhere close to his best. Just have to take care of UK first.

VN Store

Back