Let's watch a game "together" before the season starts

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
A few threads over the past couple of weeks have talked about how great the 2022 Bama game was, and how much fun it is to re-watch.

Gave me an idea.

Let's all, everyone on VN.com, watch that game some time on the Saturday before the season starts. August 24th. Can be an afternoon game for you, or an evening game, even a late-night game, whatever fits your schedule. Just watch it some time that day.

And do all the things you'd normally do on a game Saturday, short of getting in the car and driving to the stadium. Tailgate in your back yard. Invite friends over. Have a watch party. Put on war paint and watch the game intently in your Vols Cave. Whatever you do every week during the season, do that.

It'll be like the season starting one week early. Call it our warm-up game. Heh.

I'm doing this. Wanna join in?

Go Vols!

A few threads over the past couple of weeks have talked about how great the 2022 Bama game was, and how much fun it is to re-watch.

Gave me an idea.

Let's all, everyone on VN.com, watch that game some time on the Saturday before the season starts. August 24th. Can be an afternoon game for you, or an evening game, even a late-night game, whatever fits your schedule. Just watch it some time that day.

And do all the things you'd normally do on a game Saturday, short of getting in the car and driving to the stadium. Tailgate in your back yard. Invite friends over. Have a watch party. Put on war paint and watch the game intently in your Vols Cave. Whatever you do every week during the season, do that.

It'll be like the season starting one week early. Call it our warm-up game. Heh.

Go Vols!
Done something similar with a few of our greatest games. Sugar Bowl vs. Miami, Florida in Gainesville in 2001, Alabama 1982 and 1995

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

Gave me an idea.

Go Vols!
It sounds like you want create a "watch party"...
With you suggesting other join in
I think that's a fine idea...

It sounds like you want create a "watch party"...
With you suggesting other join in
I think that's a fine idea...
Yah, I'm gonna have a watch party at my house. Invite the same family members I always invite when watching the game at home. Do a special meal for halftime. Everything like a real Saturday in the fall.

It's gonna be glorious. And I don't have to sit around that day wishing another week would hurry up and pass, lol.

I hope a lot of VN.com do this.

Go Vols!

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
With great respect and appreciation to @NO SIR EEE and @peaygolf , for those of us watching '22 Vols-Bama as our "week 0 start of the season" on the 24th, we're in the single digits--NINE DAYS from Tennessee football!

Heh.

Anyone else doing this?

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back