Linbackers

OWB

Never
Staff member
I am really excited about the athletes we have at the linebacker position.

We just recruited........

Andre Mathis
Rico McCoy
Eugene Hayes

If they all end up coming to the Vols you can add them to......

Robert Ayers
Jerod Mayo
Daniel Brooks
John Poe

and let's not forget the rest of them.....

Kevin Simon
Omar Gaither
Jason Mitchell
Marvin Mitchell

We might have the best linebacking corps in the nation when all is said and done!

hell yeah I can't wait till next season to watch them tear somebody's head off... GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ready to see Brooks live up to his hype coming out of HS. If I remember correctly, was he not a highly touted LB recruit similiar to the pub that P.Turner is currently getting?

I thought this past year would be his impact season after spending a year on special teams. The only time I heard about him was the bar fight. Anyone know what is up with this guy and his progress at UT?

Originally posted by Jefw@Jan 18, 2005 10:44 AM
I am ready to see Brooks live up to his hype coming out of HS. If I remember correctly, was he not a highly touted LB recruit similiar to the pub that P.Turner is currently getting?

I thought this past year would be his impact season after spending a year on special teams. The only time I heard about him was the bar fight. Anyone know what is up with this guy and his progress at UT?

Brooks was the #1 rated linebacker out of high school.

Peace Cross

With all of these recruiting websites and magazines, do any of them have records from previous years? It would be fun to look back at the current college players and even some NFL players and see what kind of rating they had in HS. Maybe back to Peyton's class at UT. See which ones were bust and which ones were accurate. I don't know if a list like this even exist. Just throwing it out there.

i heard hayes was the best freshamn lb in the land from a couple scouts.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Jan 18, 2005 1:34 PM
Todd Cox has grade issues.
Daniel Brooks has maturity issues.

Yeah, I forgot about Todd and probably a couple of others.....Just add them to the list and make it even better!

Originally posted by K-town Vol Fan@Jan 18, 2005 11:43 AM
Think they are good enough to stop Reggie Bush?

We'll find out!

If we live up to the hype we have going for us this year, UT vs. USC will be one of the best-looking title matchups to happen in a while. UT ain't no Choklahoma.

Originally posted by Jefw@Jan 18, 2005 2:27 PM
With all of these recruiting websites and magazines, do any of them have records from previous years? It would be fun to look back at the current college players and even some NFL players and see what kind of rating they had in HS. Maybe back to Peyton's class at UT. See which ones were bust and which ones were accurate. I don't know if a list like this even exist. Just throwing it out there.

volquest.com may have the answer you seek.Click on the committs and the past few years are listed there also.
We are on a good roll-GO VOLS !!! :D :D

i know on scout .com go to top 100 players and you can see back to 2002.

did you know jason allen was a four star recruit. what crap. he got shafted. 5 star all the way. ill give him 7 for last years performance

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 18, 2005 8:35 PM
daniel brooks. i have no idea who he is. im i supposed to.

no. he was supposed to be the best at his postion coming out. but he is dumb and reckless. and we dont need him. he picks fights with white boys who are half his size. has no respect for anyone and will never do anything at this school. I HOPE I AM WRONG THOUGH.

VN Store

Back