Living and coaching the Maxims

nash101

Nice piece, imo. Good job by the author locating the story in there.

At least Jones is doing things the "UT" way by bringing traditions into his coaching routine. Will it translate on the field? I hope so, but I'm willing to give him time.

"People think I'm the greatest damn coach in the world," Bear Bryant once said. "But Neyland taught me everything I know."

I love it, lets just show this quote to all the Bama posters every time they gloat.
Go vols!

Reactions: 4 people
"People think I'm the greatest damn coach in the world," Bear Bryant once said. "But Neyland taught me everything I know."

I love it, lets just show this quote to all the Bama posters every time they gloat.
Go vols!

All you bama bummer that come to this board remember the General taught the cub.:)

Reactions: 1 person
I for one am proud to have CBJ here at UT, and after meeting him and watching his interaction with my son, I have a respect for the man and his approach to life, as well as to football! I think we have a WINNER!:good!:

Reactions: 1 person

Go vols!

Not sure what that quote has to do with Bama considering he said that about Neyland retiring while he was coaching at UK.

That would be like someone quoting Butch Jones from his days are CMU. Not really relevant to the present situation.

Go vols!

+1 Go Vols! All hail General Neyland! Go Vols!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not sure what that quote has to do with Bama considering he said that about Neyland retiring while he was coaching at UK. . . .

You need to be careful introducing concepts like context and perspective to the forum. It may upset the nature of things.

VN Store

Back