Local Sports Radio is CRAP

I should clarify that I mean KNOXVILLE'S local sports radio sucks, except for Basilio of course

I can tell you that this applies to most local shows I've ever heard.

It changes too much. You never know when who is going to be moving to what new station.

I use to love the Jacksonville local radio. Drunk losers use to get on there and just rip apart byron leftwhich and just kill the gators after every loss. It was fun cause we lived right near the border so we got alot of buldog fans calling in and telling the gator fans to shut up about the loss to ut. man it was so fun times when i lived in florida.

Just be glad they talk about the VOLS. Down here in Austin, only time Tennessee gets mentioned is either related to off-field off-season incidents, or related to our smashing of A&M.

:lol: Uh... We have one sports radio station that barely even qualifies as one, and it's on AM Radio. But radio in Portland Metro in general is some of the worst I've ever heard anyways.

Sportstalk 990 is crap.......Jimmy Hyams is cool, but the callers are idiots and rednecks.....also Brent Hubbs is annoying........Basilio's callers are much more intelligent.
Everyone should listen to Brock, Beno, and Philly on Sat. from 10 to noon!!!

I agree that talk radio is quite the shuffle lately. I liked Russell W. Smith and I liked whoever was on before they just replaced him with Rome ( I can't think of his name).

Hubbs is great for information, Bassiliio is great for entertainment and Hyams is decent but he is not the most personable guy and he is not always up on the latest happenings.

I gotta say that it's pretty good in Nashville. In the morning we've got Mark Howard and Frank Wycheck on 104.5, and then it's George Plaster in the afternoons. His show is one of the best I've ever heard. They also have the racing show with Liz Allison on Thursdays which just rocks :rocks:

On what station and at what time can I pick up Tony Basillio on gamedays? Thanks, I used to listen to Tony everyday when I lived in Knoxville back in '97-'98.

I am not sure if he is still doing a gameday show. He is on 1180 from 11:00 to 1:00 during the week.

Sports talk radio has become a gossip column. On top of the gossip are a bunch of low IQ whiners that constantly call in. I gave STR up a couple of years ago and haven't missed it.

Thanks for the info! He used to setup at O'charleys and different places on gameday so hopefully he'll do something this year.

not much different out this way....am radio ST. Mostly homers talkin sooners, cowboys and hurricanes. The only comments I hear about the SEC are how the SEC schools fit into 1-2 catagories...#1 Your either a thug sponsor. Or #2 ...a tattletale whiner turnin in other schools. They do seem to have some love for Urban Meyer.

well they dont love him that much. i mean florida didnt even start in the topp 10. that is a first...................... usually they try to screw a team over by filling in florida at 9 or 10.

VN Store

Back