Locked on Bama

BACKDOC

I was listening to their podcast today; couldn't believe my ears. They said that there was no reason to send film into the SEC, that they were just better than us. At least half a dozen times they said, "they were just better than us." One guy even went as far as saying that he was now putting Tennessee in his bracket to make it to Phoenix. They also said that if they played us ten times that Bama would win three; I don't agree with that. They also said that Tenn. could not win a natty, and I don't agree with that either, but I'm probably partial.

It doesn’t really make a lot of sense to say that you believe Tennessee can make the Final Four, but aren’t good enough to win the national title. If you can win 4 games in a row to make Phoenix, the teams that get there are certainly good enough to win 2 more games.

I was listening to their podcast today; couldn't believe my ears. They said that there was no reason to send film into the SEC, that they were just better than us. At least half a dozen times they said, "they were just better than us." One guy even went as far as saying that he was now putting Tennessee in his bracket to make it to Phoenix. They also said that if they played us ten times that Bama would win three; I don't agree with that. They also said that Tenn. could not win a natty, and I don't agree with that either, but I'm probably partial.
I’m not sure why they say Tennessee couldn’t win a title. There are many teams that could win a title. Do these people not watch the tournament every year?

I’m not sure why they say Tennessee couldn’t win a title. There are many teams that could win a title. Do these people not watch the tournament every year?
Elite D....check. Elite O....check. Very good point guard......check. Not to mention the best player in America. I think we have a shot.

If a 9 seed can make it to the final four, the Vols can absolutely win the natty lol. We’re being considered for a 1 seed for a reason.

That they even mentioned sending film in is some really dumb shît

Reactions: ptcarter
This is where teams that will not lose win, and teams hope to win, lose. We need to go into Columbia with the same attitude as we did Tuscaloosa.
I think the Vols go to Columbia tomorrow night with revenge on their mind and put one on them. The sense of urgency is there now. Don't let Carolina muck up the game and hit us in the mouth early and handle business

Still not weighing in until I see how we finish the season. We have two huge games to go and the tournament. I’m not sure about other teams, but there is still some inconsistency in ZZ, Knecht, and Aidoo. I sure like how the rest of the team played against Bama, but I think Gainey took some poor shots that let Bama back into the game in the first half. Then there are free throws. Defense is looking like it is firing on all cylinders however. That is nice to see, as I didn’t feel like we were playing with the intensity we usually do throughout portions of the season. I’m proud of this team though. Let’s see how they finish the season. That said, I do think Tennessee proved they are better than every team so far sans USC. It will take a let up for Kentucky to beat Tennessee in our house.

Reactions: ptcarter
It doesn’t really make a lot of sense to say that you believe Tennessee can make the Final Four, but aren’t good enough to win the national title. If you can win 4 games in a row to make Phoenix, the teams that get there are certainly good enough to win 2 more games.
This x 10000

In my lifetime, and I’m decently old, I’ve seen 2 teams make the final four that I knew couldn’t win the title: South Carolina and George Mason.

I think the Vols go to Columbia tomorrow night with revenge on their mind and put one on them. The sense of urgency is there now. Don't let Carolina muck up the game and hit us in the mouth early and handle business
I admit up front that I could be wrong. But I suspect that 'revenge' is the wrong word. I would go with 'focused' on execution. They did not beat us last time...we beat ourselves.

VN Store

Back