Logan Young Guilty

The Memphis Commercial Appeal states he was found guilty on all 4 counts.

He'll be facing a good bit of time in the pokey.

I hope we can move past this now.

Logan Young found guilty and no smoking gun found in Fulmer's hand. Finebaum must be inconsoleable right now.

The next big bunch of crap (not too elloquent I realize) on the horizon is the Gallion (Cottrell/Ivey) case to come up this Summer.

Not clear yet how this verdict affects it - for most part it doesn't help since it supports the NCAA claim that Bama was guilty of major violations.

Hurts in that Lynn Lang implicated many schools as being involved (UT included) and the Gallion case suggests NCAA intentionally ignored this and other violations in an effort to get Bama. Lynn Lang was considered "credible" by the jury. Further Gallion argues that UT was part of a conspiracy to set-up Bama. The finding today suggests that was not the case. (in fact Bama was guilty - through a booster - of buying a player)

Living in Bammerville, I wish more than anyone this stuff would all go away but it's still got legs.

How do you live down there where they are looking for the Bear to come back in the rapture and take all the believers to heaven? Until that happens they will never give up.

What a wonderful day this has turned out to be. Top recruiting class, and Logan Young going away for a long time. IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!

Originally posted by Volstorm@Feb 2, 2005 5:44 PM
What a wonderful day this has turned out to be. Top recruiting class, and Logan Young going away for a long time. IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!

:lol: Amen!

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Feb 2, 2005 6:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood &#064; Feb 2, 2005 6:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Volstorm@Feb 2, 2005 5:44 PM
What a wonderful day this has turned out to be.  Top recruiting class, and Logan Young going away for a long time.  IT&#39;S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL&#33;

:lol: Amen&#33;[/quote]
Plus, one more bit of ammo to use against the conspiracy theorists. All I&#39;ve heard down here is that there was no evidence that Bama (LY) paid for Albert Means. It was hearsay and made up by Fulmer, Tom Culpepper, NCAA etc. Now we see that indeed there was convincing evidence linking Bama to Means.

The new tack is to suggest that if Bama was guilty then everyone else (7 other schools were). It never ends... :blink:

All in all - A great day to be a Vol :peace2:

Says it all:
objection.gif

Pulled this little gem off the Bama board.
I hate to see anyone with ties to bama in trouble much less convited. I want to see the NCAA go after the other schools that were involved. BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT THE ncaa IS JUST AFTER THE TIDE----NO ONE FROM THE NORTH CAN STAND A SCHOOL FROM THE SOUTH WITH THE HISTORY WE HAVE----IF THEY(THE NCAA,Phil) LOOK IN THE MIRROR THEY ARE JUST WISHING THEY WERE A PART OF THE MOST STORIED COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN HISTORY.

RTR

:eek:lol:

What really amazed me was Gallion&#39;s comments on Finebaum&#39;s show Wednesday.

Gallion, when asked if losing the case would hurt his case said, "No, losing the case won&#39;t hurt us" but he later said had Young been equitted it would have helped his case.

You talk about talking out of both sides of his mouth, and all at once, that&#39;s a pretty good feat even for a lawyer.

Speaking of which: Do you know the difference between a lawyer and a Catfish?

One is a scum sucking, bottom feeder, and the other is a fish. :D

Originally posted by OldVol@Feb 4, 2005 1:47 AM
You talk about talking out of both sides of his mouth, and all at once, that&#39;s a pretty good feat even for a lawyer.

Speaking of which: Do you know the difference between a lawyer and a Catfish?

One is a scum sucking, bottom feeder, and the other is a fish. :D

Gallion generally talks out of both sides of something a bit lower. :ph34r:

A lawyer dies and goes before St. Peter.

He finds himself in line behind the Pope.

St. Peter welcomes them both in and tells them to follow him and he&#39;ll take them to their houses.

They stop in front of a two bedroom cabin and St. Peter calls to the Pope and says, "OK, this one is yours.

Next door is a magnificent mansion with an expansive lawn, fountains and driveway set with precious stones. Peter turns to the lawyer and says, "And here is yours."

The lawyer is amazed, "Wait a minute," he says, "I mean, you gave the Pope a cabin and I get THIS?&#33;?&#33; What&#39;s going on?"

St. Peter answers. "Well, you see, we&#39;ve got 210 popes, but you&#39;re the first lawyer we&#39;ve ever had&#33;"

(rimshot)

:pepper:

VN Store

Back