Lomax facing weapons charge

Athensvol

Lomax facing weapons charge
By Marc Weiszer | Staff Writer | Story updated at 8:20 a.m. on Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Georgia starting defensive end Jeremy Lomax was arrested early this morning by Athens-Clarke County police on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and speeding, according to the Clarke County Sheriff’s Web site.

Lomax was booked into the Clarke County Jail at 12:42 a.m. and released at 1:30 a.m. on bonds totaling $3,000.

The senior from Jonesboro started 12 games last season, recording 4 1/2 sacks and 16 tackles.

He is the second Georgia player known to have been arrested since the spring semester ended.

Starting offensive lineman Clint Boling was charged with DUI in May in Alpharetta. Boling faces a minimum one-game suspension

:banghead2::popcorn:

Updated:

The senior was clocked doing 80 mph in a 55 on Loop 10 in Athens. After pulling Lomax over, the police, as is their routine, asked if there were in weapons in the vehicle. Lomax told them there was an unloaded gun under the seat. The police executed a search and found a Glock 40.

Ah... I get it... funny

Anyway all these Dawg fans are cool with the kid driving around with a gun, but if this was a Vol or Gator, they would be screaming "Thug U"

Personally I have no problem with having a gun at home, but in your car is a different story. If I got carjacked, I would hand them my keys and say "enjoy boys, here is some gas money too". Leave the shooting to cops and morons

Latest arrest interrupts offseason serenity | UGA | ajc.com

VN Store

Back