Looks like Bama got lucky again

wmcovol

RichRod turned the job down so they hired Saban.

Norvell turned it down & they got Deboer.

Reactions: jbteal
Deboer is a good coach but still let’s wait and see how it plays out at Bama. Sometimes good coaches aren’t good fits a certain places. Too early to determine how his tenure there will unfold

Norvell was undefeated and would have been in the playoffs, if he hadn't lost his starting QB and backup last season. Saban left Deboer a stacked team, so of course he is going to look good right now.
Norvell has been there 4 yrs and has to take DJ in the portal as his Qb? He loaded up on transfers LY to run thru the ACC. Obviously, that program isn’t on strong foundation.

As of now it looks like our dreams of Bama falling off have been squashed. Oh and they are still recruiting at an ultra high level. That’s just spectacular. At least we have 2022.

Norvell has been there 4 yrs and has to take DJ in the portal as his Qb? He loaded up on transfers LY to run thru the ACC. Obviously, that program isn’t on strong foundation.
Living and dying by the portal is risky business. He is reaping what he has sewn. That team looked undisciplined and disinterested. They could miss the bowls very easily unless something changes

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Living and dying by the portal is risky business. He is reaping what he has sewn. That team looked undisciplined and disinterested. They could miss the bowls very easily unless something changes
Actually he’s been there since ‘19 so this is his 6th season. Vol fans would have him hiding in the hills if yr 6 he had to take DJ as the QB. Truth is thou DJ don’t play defense or pass block. FSU doesn’t look like a QB change would solve their problems.

Reactions: loosecannon
If you’re wondering about Bama just wait until the 28th. If they kick the shite out of us again it’s time to start worrying!!! Going to be must see TV that day!!!

Y'all see Norvell chewing on #54 for personal foul?
Guy looked like he was going to kick coaches ass
I saw no respect...that's a problem

Actually he’s been there since ‘19 so this is his 6th season. Vol fans would have him hiding in the hills if yr 6 he had to take DJ as the QB. Truth is thou DJ don’t play defense or pass block. FSU doesn’t look like a QB change would solve their problems.
I know I didn’t make that clear but he has done little in the way of development for some time. He sold his programs soul to keep his job and it shows. They aren’t a good team. They didn’t do anything particularly well except punt. That guy looks legit. They had two qbs leave in the portal and they were two of the lowest rated players in the portal at the position. I can’t tell who’s worse: UF or FSU.

Reactions: wmcovol
If you’re wondering about Bama just wait until the 28th. If they kick the shite out of us again it’s time to start worrying!!! Going to be must see TV that day!!!
My TV will be off that day. EE-1-26

FSU also didn't get the luxury of scheduling cupcakes at least 1 of the 1st 2 weeks like many teams do. FSU doesn't look good right now, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom for them. GT and BC were both trending upward coming into this season. I expect FSU will likely get to at least 8 wins in the regular season. I think ND and Miami are their only likely losses at the moment and Miami is a rivalry game. I would include Clemson as a likely loss, but I was not very impressed with their offense either. That seems like a toss up game at this point.

FSU also didn't get the luxury of scheduling cupcakes at least 1 of the 1st 2 weeks like many teams do. FSU doesn't look good right now, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom for them. GT and BC were both trending upward coming into this season. I expect FSU will likely get to at least 8 wins in the regular season. I think ND and Miami are their only likely losses at the moment and Miami is a rivalry game. I would include Clemson as a likely loss, but I was not very impressed with their offense either. That seems like a toss up game at this point.
Game 1 the argument makes some sense, except that GT also didn't get a tune up game.
Game 2 performance vs BC was even worse than what we saw vs GT. and that was also BC's first game. and it was a home game for FSU.

getting to 8 wins with their current level of performance will be difficult.

Game 1 the argument makes some sense, except that GT also didn't get a tune up game.
Game 2 performance vs BC was even worse than what we saw vs GT. and that was also BC's first game. and it was a home game for FSU.

getting to 8 wins with their current level of performance will be difficult.
Difficult for sure, as their margin of error is slim with 2 losses already. But I think they are more talented than all but 3 teams left on their schedule.

Difficult for sure, as their margin of error is slim with 2 losses already. But I think they are more talented than all but 3 teams left on their schedule.
talented sure.

but they just don't seem to care or have the mindset to get physical with teams to out talent them. 21 rushing yards. its not like FSU was moving up and down the field, and it was a few fluke things that kept them out that can be corrected. its effort and mindset they are missing, and its difficult to right that ship while on a losing streak.

Reactions: Carp
What? It's been one game. Lord you love to shat on us. Grow up
He’s one of these guys that pays someone to wear a Georgia jersey and big high heels while they stomp on his balls. BigGeorgiaTrain is consistent in his criticism of the Vol program and singing the praises of Georgia and Bama.

Deboer is a good coach but still let’s wait and see how it plays out at Bama. Sometimes good coaches aren’t good fits a certain places. Too early to determine how his tenure there will unfold

Agree but DeBoer has already been doing off season stuff at Alabama that makes me think he will do fine there. There were some hints about Heupel before he coached his first game at Tennessee as well (although I never thought he would do as well as he has done).

VN Store

Back