LSU game time

QBvol7

Since it looks like CBS isnt going to pick this game up, will it more than likely be the late night ESPN Primetime game?

i haven't heard anything on this game either. my guess it will prolly be a night game but then again who knows.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Jul 5, 2005 9:09 AM
i haven't heard anything on this game either.  my guess it will prolly be a night game but then again who knows.
[snapback]110371[/snapback]​

I need to find out ASAP. If its a day game, I need to ask off work, night game, I will be off before we whip their ass.

Being that the Vols are coming to town, I don't see how we get an afternoon game against the Tigers. They will want it at night.

I've had this discussion on other boards. The cbssportsline website shows that the day games they are showing are either Florida nad Kentucky, or Alabama and Arkansas. Now, the only way I would pass on TN-LSU is if both TN and LSU lose one of their first games and Alabama and Arkansas are undefeated, (which would mean ARK had gone to California and beaten USC).

However, it appears that because TN-Florida is on before the LSU-TN game and LSU-UF is set for after, that CBS is trying to spread some love around. Therefore, it appears that CBS will pass, which will give the game to ESPN or ESPN2, which will make it a night game.

However, nothing is set in stone. This is just me making an educated guess after following the program for years and watching what the networks do.

LSU has a say in when the game is played, but not on the network it's on.

If CBS wants it, and LSU says, well we are playing it at night, then CBS could not show it, but ESPN couldn't show it either. It would be untelevised. No University is going to pull that, just to get Tennessee at night.

LSU will play the game depending on who selects the rights to air it.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@Jul 5, 2005 9:36 AM
I've had this discussion on other boards. The cbssportsline website shows that the day games they are showing are either Florida nad Kentucky, or Alabama and Arkansas.  Now, the only way I would pass on TN-LSU is if both TN and LSU lose one of their first games and Alabama and Arkansas are undefeated, (which would mean ARK had gone to California and beaten USC). 

However, it appears that because TN-Florida is on before the LSU-TN game and LSU-UF is set for after, that CBS is trying to spread some love around.  Therefore, it appears that CBS will pass, which will give the game to ESPN or ESPN2, which will make it a night game.

However, nothing is set in stone.  This is just me making an educated guess after following the program for years and watching what the networks do.
[snapback]110377[/snapback]​

I would assume that CBS may still pick it up. They have the rights and have the 1st pick. So I would assume if Tennessee comes in undefeated and LSU is too, both teams should be in the top 10. I wouldnt see them pick UF-UK or Bammer-Arkansauce over a top 10 match up.

LSU lore has it that the Tigers always play better at night, so im sure they will do all the can to keep it a night game.

I did not mean to imply that LSU could dictate when a game is played to a major television network. It is widely know that LSU at night is a viewership attraction and gives an announcing team much more information to work with for a telecast. In addition to them playing a top level team like UT, it only adds to the overall sell of the game. I think the over/under for the earthquake reference will be about 6 that evening.

Originally posted by Jefw@Jul 5, 2005 12:01 PM
I did not mean to imply that LSU could dictate when a game is played to a major television network.  It is widely know that LSU at night is a viewership attraction and gives an announcing team much more information to work with for a telecast. In addition to them playing a top level team like UT, it only adds to the overall sell of the game.  I think the over/under for the earthquake reference will be about 6 that evening.
[snapback]110403[/snapback]​

Dude, I am psyched. PSYCHED.

Only 6 earthquake references? Did you mean in the pregame show? The only earthquake that gonna happen in death valley is the one caused by the mixture of the hearts of tiger fans breaking and the best sound in the world, Rocky Top being played after we beat them.

Originally posted by RckytopQB16@Jul 6, 2005 5:08 PM
Only 6 earthquake references? Did you mean in the pregame show? The only earthquake that gonna happen in death valley is the one caused by the mixture of the hearts of tiger fans breaking and the best sound in the world, Rocky Top being played after we beat them.
[snapback]110744[/snapback]​

God, I hope you are right!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@Jul 6, 2005 6:23 PM
God, I hope you are right!!!!!!!!
[snapback]110752[/snapback]​

If that happens, it'll be the first time you've beaten us at home since 92. Although, kind of an unfair stat, since we've only played three or four times since then, either at Neyland or Death Valley.

6 was supposed to be 26. Just missed the "2" while typing. If other fans hate hearing Rocky Top being played at UT games, I hate hearing about that event while LSU plays at home.

Originally posted by RckytopQB16@Jul 6, 2005 6:08 PM
[snapback]110744[/snapback]​

Only if our band makes the trip. The band may not be there for Florida and LSU. Thats a huge loss. I know it sounds petty, but I think that puts us at a disadvantage.

Originally posted by QBvol7@Jul 7, 2005 6:35 AM
Only if our band makes the trip. The band may not be there for Florida and LSU. Thats a huge loss. I know it sounds petty, but I think that puts us at a disadvantage.
[snapback]110895[/snapback]​

Probably, from the sounds of it, Rocky Top seems to be a really demoralizing fight song. Damn the AD for depriving us of our only advantage on the road.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jul 7, 2005 12:37 AM
If that happens, it'll be the first time you've beaten us at home since 92.  Although, kind of an unfair stat, since we've only played three or four times since then, either at Neyland or Death Valley.
[snapback]110878[/snapback]​

We've only played there 1 time since then, in 2000. We've played 3 other times besdies thatlosing in the SECCG in 2001, and winning at home in 1993 and 2001.

VN Store

Back