Matt Dotson

WolfofLon

According to Dotson, he has had a week long discussion with Pearl about his future and he wil be in Knoxville tomorrow to get a release from his LOI.

I dunno about those comments. Rocky Top News said the kid was a major sleeper. Great outside shot, handles the ball very well for a PF and was extremely good passer and game smart. I'm reserving judgement on this kid.

I heard a rumor that Pearl told him that he's not "SEC caliber". can any confirm/deny this? if true its interesting how Pearl could talk like that given his limited experience w/ SEC teams.

I know that Tennessee Tech was one of his other schools he was being recruted by because i sat with him at a Tennessee Tech football game last year and heard he signed with Tennessee later and thought to myself, why have i never heard of him.

Originally posted by Panthers4Ever@Jun 6, 2005 2:54 PM
I heard a rumor that Pearl told him that he's not "SEC caliber". can any confirm/deny this? if true its interesting how Pearl could talk like that given his limited experience w/ SEC teams.
[snapback]101354[/snapback]​

I don't think that Pearl would ever say that to someone. However, it was Pearl who told Dotson to "hold off coming to Tennessee"...

After recruiting Childress, Pearl thought that Dotson shouldn't come since they play the same position.

Some think that Pearl has a better recruit that is interested and needs the scholarship. Good move by Pearl if that is the case.

VN Store

Back