Maurice Thomas Is A Vol

volznation

Just announced on Rivals, he will play Small Forward Position and for a 6'8 200 pound guy, he is a pretty big Small Forward. Glad to get him. Wants to sign his LOI soon

im glad we got him, but i hate getting tweener players. he's listed at the PF postion. But being 200 is way to light. He needs to hit the gym hard.

I'm excited! :pepper: I can't wait to see Pearl's unbeat pace.

Awesome news! Pearl getting a player of his caliber with so little time to recruit him should help quiet the critics that jumped all over him about Tyler and Jamont and said he couldn't recruit. I think this kid sounds like he can run the floor, hence his thin stature. He will put on weight in college anyways, that is something that is taken care of in college.

Very nice. But at 200 pounds and being 6'8" this guy must be very lanky. He needs to gain at the very least another 30-40 pounds.

Maybe so but according to his high school coach "He’s tough as nails."

Yea,

It sounds good, but can this guy really contribute next season? He sounds more like a RS canadiate.

Gunner

:gun:

He will contribute and start. He's a Top 150 player that fits Pearl's system.

It's funny that people that have no idea how this kid plays and has never seen him play is saying he "won't contribute this year" or "needs to redshirt". His strengths as a player are running and pressing. Hey, amazing that is exactly the system that Pearl runs!!! Wow, what a revelation, maybe they know what they are doing.

As far as his weight goes...I can't wait until Prince puts some weight on and can contribute!?! Oh wait, didn't he have a very successful career at UK, get drafted, and won an NBA Championship?

On sportstalk they said he had visited and UT is on his short list...wonder why the disconnect in this guy's status?

Originally posted by therickbol@May 4, 2005 11:00 AM
It's funny that people that have no idea how this kid plays and has never seen him play is saying he "won't contribute this year" or "needs to redshirt". His strengths as a player are running and pressing. Hey, amazing that is exactly the system that Pearl runs!!! Wow, what a revelation, maybe they know what they are doing.

As far as his weight goes...I can't wait until Prince puts some weight on and can contribute!?! Oh wait, didn't he have a very successful career at UK, get drafted, and won an NBA Championship?

Big boys dont have to use that much sarcasm to make a point

Originally posted by therickbol@May 4, 2005 11:00 AM

nice point, nice point :clap:

VN Store

Back