Mel Kipers 2014 Big Board

Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan will be up there too. Both are stellar tackles.

I think Bridgewater will go very high - size is good enough - has very good pocket presence - good mobility - good enough arm strength to make all the throws - tremendous accuracy and touch - high football IQ - good leader

think he has the tools to make a very good NFL QB

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know exactly why, but I absolutely hate the stupid nickname game ... "Johnny Football," "Honeybadger," "Megatron," etc.

Sorry to get off topic for a second.

If our guy creeps into the top 10 draft picks, I think that this means we've had a decent year on the field.

If Mel Kiper knew half as much about actually watching film and grading guys as he thinks he does he would be an NFL gm. The simple fact he had Teo a top 10 pick and he didn't go until the second round should tell you all you need to know. He loves Notre Dame players as well of course. I remember when he said every team that passed on Clausen would regret it. Yeah, that worked out well too.

Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan will be up there too. Both are stellar tackles.

I recently discovered that Jake lives down the street from me. About 5 houses down as a matter of fact.

And you're right, Jake should expect to go top 10 next year.

Note Tajh Boyd at #21... yeah, that's the same Tajh Boyd that committed to the Vols only to be told later by Kiffy, "WE DON'T WANT YOU."

Now ranked ahead of Johnny Football.

OOooops.

The legend of Kiffy continues...

f.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't know exactly why, but I absolutely hate the stupid nickname game ... "Johnny Football," "Honeybadger," "Megatron," etc.

Sorry to get off topic for a second.

If our guy creeps into the top 10 draft picks, I think that this means we've had a decent year on the field.

Uh, Chad, do you know that Black Jack was General John Pershing's nickname? Before that, he actually for a while had a worse nickname due to his having served as an officer in charge of a Buffalo Soldier regiment. Plus the fact he preferred working with African-American soldiers. His extreme strictness and the resentment of if by White soldiers was the prime reason he got the first nickname. Well, anyway your comment just struck me as funny when I saw your avatar though I doubt very much it has anything to do with nicknames or Pershing. It was just funny to me.

Note Tajh Boyd at #21... yeah, that's the same Tajh Boyd that committed to the Vols only to be told later by Kiffy, "WE DON'T WANT YOU."

Now ranked ahead of Johnny Football.

OOooops.

The legend of Kiffy continues...

View attachment 60461

View attachment 60462

You are right, Lk's f 'ups are legendary. The Cowboys f 'up by hiring Monte as there DC. :birgits_giggle:

Bridgewater going that high would be retarded. I get the impression Manziel will stay. He does not even have to go to class , because the school deemed him too much of a distraction in a classroom

You are right, Lk's f 'ups are legendary. The Cowboys f 'up by hiring Monte as there DC. :birgits_giggle:

I disagree personally. Monte knows how to do NFL ball. he just couldn't adapt to the college spread game. Not in three years at least.

Uh, Chad, do you know that Black Jack was General John Pershing's nickname? Before that, he actually for a while had a worse nickname due to his having served as an officer in charge of a Buffalo Soldier regiment. Plus the fact he preferred working with African-American soldiers. His extreme strictness and the resentment of if by White soldiers was the prime reason he got the first nickname. Well, anyway your comment just struck me as funny when I saw your avatar though I doubt very much it has anything to do with nicknames or Pershing. It was just funny to me.

Thanks for the history lesson ... very familiar with the history of the units that I've served in. I was the S3 and XO for a squadron of the 9th CAV (one of the two Buffalo Soldier regiments) before I moved up to the brigade XO spot, so I take a lot of pride in that lineage.

And that's part of my point. Those names that you refer to are real history; part of the story of what great leaders and men have done in the process of serving their country. The nicknames given to football players when they have perfectly good names that their parents gave them just bugs me a bit. I wouldn't equate these two with each other under any circumstances.

I know what you mean though. It's silly of me, I guess, but I just cringe when I hear the sportscasters and fans use these nicknames. No sensible reason why I feel this way. It's kind of like how I used to just shake my head when I'd hear Jim Rome trying to talk like he was from Compton or something on his show. His way of trying to seem "cool."

Either way, not a big deal. Should never have brought it up. HA!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back