Memorial Day blessings

AshG

Easy target
Wishing you all a thoughtful Memorial Day weekend. I give thanks for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in active service to our country, and I pray a blessing of peace on the families and friends of those who dearly miss their presence. May we never forget.

Below is the USMC "President's Own" Band performing John Philip Sousa's march "The Golden Star." The march was inscribed by Sousa "To Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt, In memory of the brave who gave their lives that liberty shall not perish."

[VIDEO=]

So many forget the true meaning of this holiday. To many of us itโ€™s the opening weekend of the summer season and time to hit the lake. Which is fine we have a day off.

Many think we need to find a vet and thank them for their service. While always a good idea, we formally do that on Veterans Day.

However what began as Decoration Day and we now call Memorial Day is the time we recognize and honor the vets who paid the ultimate price in service to their country and came home in a coffin if they came home at all.

And we raise up the Gold Star families and honor and recognize their sacrifices also. All we can give in return is the thanks of a grateful nation for the sacrifices paid by the these service members and their surviving families.

Enjoy the weekend by all means. We all need a break. Just remember who paid the cost for maintaining our liberties and freedoms we exercise this holiday weekend

So many forget the true meaning of this holiday. To many of us itโ€™s the opening weekend of the summer season and time to hit the lake. Which is fine we have a day off.

Many think we need to find a vet and thank them for their service. While always a good idea, we formally do that on Veterans Day.

However what began as Decoration Day and we now call Memorial Day is the time we recognize and honor the vets who paid the ultimate price in service to their country and came home in a coffin if they came home at all.

And we raise up the Gold Star families and honor and recognize their sacrifices also. All we can give in return is the thanks of a grateful nation for the sacrifices paid by the these service members and their surviving families.

Enjoy the weekend by all means. We all need a break. Just remember who paid the cost for maintaining our liberties and freedoms we exercise this holiday weekend

Very well said!!!!

Reactions: AshG
image0.jpg

(Happy Memorial Day, let's honor our fallen by being dicks in the Memorial Day thread. Sigh.)

Yeah because posting an opinion on a message board equates to not honoring the fallen soldiers ๐Ÿ™„

Nah, the black cancer of hatred spreads its tendrils where and when it will. I was hoping to see this thread lively with stories of relatives who served this country with their all; instead, we get stuff I ground my kids for.

Just bummed, that's all.

Nah, the black cancer of hatred spreads its tendrils where and when it will. I was hoping to see this thread lively with stories of relatives who served this country with their all; instead, we get stuff I ground my kids for.

Just bummed, that's all.

Maybe there will be some stories posted with that content. The Holiday isn't over yet. People are busy doing stuff.
Keep that chin up & that smile on your face. But we are free to post our opinions to some degree.

Reactions: AshG
tenor (42).gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back