Meyer already meeting with ND

U-T

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1936781

Notre Dame officials will meet with Utah coach Urban Meyer on Thursday, a source with knowledge of the discussions told the New York Times.

According to the newspaper's story, Notre Dame contacted Meyer on Wednesday, one day after it fired Tyrone Willingham. The source said that if the Notre Dame were to hire Meyer, he would still like to coach Utah in its bowl game, which is expected to be the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 1. That decision would be made by Utah officials.

Notre Dame is one of the three schools listed in Meyer's contract that would allow the coach to leave Utah without a buyout.

John Heisler, Notre Dame's associate athletic director, would not comment to The Associated Press or say if athletic director Kevin White was in South Bend.

Meyer declined to comment when approached by an Associated Press reporter outside his office Thursday afternoon.

"I have great respect for that university. That's the reason it's in my contract," Meyer, a former Irish assistant, said after Tuesday's practice. "I think a lot of people look into it more than what it is. I'm sure that this is going to spark a lot of discussion, but I'm just trying to get a team ready to play in a bowl game."

That's what ND dropped WIllingham all of a sudden... they saw a chance to snatch up Meyer, and JUMPED at it.

Originally posted by rwemyss@Dec 2, 2004 7:16 PM
That's what ND dropped WIllingham all of a sudden... they saw a chance to snatch up Meyer, and JUMPED at it.

And caught him promoting himself for the UW job

VN Store

Back