Michael Hamilton

TBALLVOL

Wow, I can't even remember when it was that Dickey left...I know it hasn't been real long. But it's been long enough to see how Hamilton is going to work out. What do you think. Granted, the thing with Buzz is probably the first real issue he has had to face and we really don't know how he is going to handle that. Do you think he is a guttsey trail blazer in the SEC looking over his shoulder saying catch us if you can, or is he the play it safe, don't rock the boat because I can't swim type of guy. Or is he somewhere in between? I grade him out to be a "C" IMO but only because I really haven't been able to see what he has touched.

To be honest, I don't know how he is doing yet. From what I read, Dickey is still helping him with stuff. Did you know that Dickey's grandson is going to be a walkon QB for the Vols?

Yeah, I heard about that. I don't think many expect him to compete for any playing time.

The true test of an AD is his hires, and how they produce.

So far all Hamilton has done is mind the house. He's done a great job of rebuilding relations with some of the bowl committees, I understand there was some friction between Dickey and some of the bowls in his last couple of years. Also Mike has handled salaries wisely and seems to be keeping everyone happy that we want to be happy.

What will he do with Bud?

That's the question right now that is on everyone's mind.

My opinion on Peterson is; if a hot coach were to come into play for UT, then it would be wise to let Bud go, but If we're not very certain at all as to who we could land, why take a chance when the guy has only had 4 years.

Bud, if he gets to stay, needs to hire an in your face assistant that he can turn loose on these kids for discipline's sake.

The only problem with that is; discipline really has to come from the top, and I don't see Bud having the makeup to do it.

My bottom line would be; find a hot young coach who you know you can land and let Bud go.

That's a lot easier said than done.

I promise I'm not trying to be smart, but I don't give a hoot about the AD, or the university presidents or anything like that. I just wanna see some ballgames.

Most ADs serve only one purpose, fundraising. Hamilton will make his decisions based on the revenue pouring into the school, just like Dickey. Right now there are too many plans set in motion from the previous AD for us to get a real look at Hamilton. Only time will tell.

VN Store

Back