Michigan votes to repeal Right to Work

Sea Ray

Reactions: InVOLuntary
will be interesting when the auto makers shift to E vehicles that require less labor yet more workers are members of unions

Over 40 years, Union membership has decreased by 50%. From 20% of the workforce, to 10%. It is a dinosaur which will eventually become extinct.

Over 40 years, Union membership has decreased by 50%. From 20% of the workforce, to 10%. It is a dinosaur which will eventually become extinct.

Well Biden is playing Jurassic Park with that dinosaur - the infrastructure bill and inflation reduction™ act are loaded with union building requirements and incentives

Well Biden is playing Jurassic Park with that dinosaur - the infrastructure bill and inflation reduction™ act are loaded with union building requirements and incentives

Hopefully that monstrosity is repealed soon

Naturally. Do we expect politicians to voluntarily give up power, power seeking, and power in perpetuity?

Hopefully that monstrosity is repealed soon
Would you like to lay odds on it not?

In fact, I believe even if Rs control the Executive and Legisilative branches (by a comfortable margin) the monstrosity will not be repealed.

Thoughts?

Reactions: LouderVol

In fact, I believe even if Rs control the Executive and Legisilative branches (by a comfortable margin) the monstrosity will not be repealed.

Thoughts?
Because they like aspects of it? Or just because nothing ever gets repealed?

Reactions: McDad

Thoughts?

Who knows really..Fiscal restraints will come via preemptive action or naturally at some point. We are really in that natural mode with inflation and debt interest payments. I was looking at T Bills and they are around 5% now. As these mature I soon expect the interest payments to be $1T/year. Throw in a recession and the cows won't have any more milk to take.

Because they like aspects of it? Or just because nothing ever gets repealed?
Both of those and more. Has ACA been repealed? Can you think of any other "monstrosity" of spending (or adding government services) which has every been repealed?

Both parties want power. Both parties want something to fight against more than something to fight for. The history of American government is a history of incremental increase, expansion, bureaucratic growth, and pushing beyond constitutional limits. Why would it change in 2024-2028?

Who knows really..Fiscal restraints will come via preemptive action or naturally at some point. We are really in that natural mode with inflation and debt interest payments. I was looking at T Bills and they are around 5% now. As these mature I soon expect the interest payments to be $1T/year. Throw in a recession and the cows won't have any more milk to take.
I thought so, too. But I can only find a few years of "restraint" since WW2.

Reactions: Orangeburst

Thoughts?

Agreed, they will not officially repeal it they would rebrand it with more pet project spending.

Reactions: McDad
Agreed, they will not officially repeal it they would rebrand it with more pet project spending.
I believe anyone looking objectively at history as a guide would have to conclude the same.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back