Mid-Season Analysis (add your thoughts!)

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
Below takes ALL 6 Games into Account, with "heavier scrutiny" on "Non-Cupcake" Games:

In My Not-So-Humble Opinion

Offense is Anemic
Defense is ELITE
Special Teams are
Punting average to below average
Kicking Good to Borderline Better Than Good
Play Calling is Sophomoric
Defensive Coaching* BEST in College Football (*including DB Development)
FYI 6 games In and every team Tennessee has faced has been forced to go to the backup QB. That’s an interesting stat!
Offensive Coaching Below Average to Poor
Fan Participation & Experience UNMATCHED

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Below takes ALL 6 Games into Account, with "heavier scrutiny" on "Non-Cupcake" Games:

In My Not-So-Humble Opinion

Offense is Anemic
Defense is ELITE
Special Teams are
Punting average to below average
Kicking Good to Borderline Better Than Good
Play Calling is Sophomoric
Defensive Coaching* BEST in College Football (*including DB Development)
Offensive Coaching Below Average to Poor
Fan Participation & Experience UNMATCHED

giphy.gif

Punting is well above average, you’re just giving into recency bias

At the half way point....

Offense is getting worse by the week. Defense is better than expected and carrying this team on their back in SEC play. We are struggling to beat bottom half of the SEC teams and lost to one.

Yet, record wise we are right where many thought we would be and we are still "in the playoff picture" even though we are out of focus and you cant really tell who we are in that picture.

We are not a contender like people made Tennessee out to be the first 4 weeks but we have won at Oklahoma and beat Florida. Probably not a bad year.

Interesting year around the country with up and down performances each week. No one outside of may Texas has looked elite.

Reactions: Kdbnab1
We are not a contender like people made Tennessee iut to be the first 4 weeks but we have won at Oklahoma and beat Florida. Probably not a bad year.

Interesting year around the country with up and down performances each week. No one outside of may Texas has looked elite.
Hold on. Let’s see how they handle the rest of the schedule

It appears offensives production has fallen off a cliff compared to the past few seasons. The first few games obviously skewed the numbers. Once SEC play started they tanked. Nico gets rattled and he doesn't seem to be able to recover but again kids a freshman. Samson is a beast. Defense is rock solid and has kept UT in the game for the last 3 games.
giphy.gif

At the half way point....

Offense is getting worse by the week. Defense is better than expected and carrying this team on their back in SEC play. We are struggling to beat bottom half of the SEC teams and lost to one.

Yet, record wise we are right where many thought we would be and we are still "in the playoff picture" even though we are out of focus and you cant really tell who we are in that picture.

Watch anyone other than TN right now. Everyone is struggling to beat bottom half of the SEC teams

Not going to get many more W's in the SEC (home or away) with the offense playing this poorly. I can't believe we actually won last night given how poorly our QB and entire OL (except C) played and let the Gators hang around...here are the grades:

Not going to get many more W's in the SEC (home or away) with the offense playing this poorly. I can't believe we actually won last night given how poorly our QB and entire OL (except C) played and let the Gators hang around...here are the grades:

Our schedule has Kentucky (offense maybe worse than TN), Miss State (couldn't have winning record in the MAC), and UTEP.

Alabama and Vandy are winnable as well.

SEC isn't some world beater league. Auburn lost to Cal, Vandy to Georgia State, etc.

Georgia is the only team that is scary left on the schedule.

Nico is still a freshman. He is in his head a lot. Hopefully he has a sports psychologist. Just because he's cool and calm, that just means that he internalizes everything, which is just as bad as being outwardly emotional.

Our schedule has Kentucky (offense maybe worse than TN), Miss State (couldn't have winning record in the MAC), and UTEP.

Alabama and Vandy are winnable as well.

SEC isn't some world beater league. Auburn lost to Cal, Vandy to Georgia State, etc.

Georgia is the only team that is scary left on the schedule.
I am more worried about Vandy this year than Georgia. The QB for Vandy is a problem. I think we beat both but Vandy will be more of a challenge

Reactions: DarkMode
I am more worried about Vandy this year than Georgia. The QB for Vandy is a problem. I think we beat both but Vandy will be more of a challenge

They had a superbowl game against Alabama. They are, in the end, the same team that lost to Georgia State. They are playing well now but would you bet on Vandy beating Tennessee? I wouldn't.

VN Store

Back