Mike Anderson

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
I know we all want bobby knight but what are the chance of anderson leaving his blazers and coming to big orange company. he's be my 2nd choice behind knight.

Not happening....What about Travis Ford, Johnny Dawkins, or Bob Lutz they are 1000 times more likely to leave

For the $$ that the Vols will be throwing at the new coach, they will be able to pick almost whomever they want.

All indications are that BK will not come to TN, however another candidate that would be a great pickup IMO is coach Crean from marquette... he has had some success there and worked under Tom Izzo which is a definate plus!

Now with Charlette out of the tourney looks like its a toss up between Lutz and Knight :good:

Lutz teams statistically play poor defense, we already had that. Lutz team blew a 19 point lead today, don't need that. Anderson is a Nolan Richardson protege', definately don't need that. Johnny Dawkins of Duke, now were talking.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 18, 2005 4:14 PM
Anderson is a Nolan Richardson protege', definately don't need that.

Nolan Richardson won several SEC titles and an NCAA title. He may be a bit nuts with some of the conspiracy theories he put forward but his coaching was not suspect.

In 3 years with Anderson, there has been NO indication that he has the same attitudes as Richardson - just the same system. By the way, the system works!

But as Vol4life adamantly states, Mike Anderson isn't going anywhere :p

Originally posted by volinbham@Mar 18, 2005 4:32 PM
But as Vol4life adamantly states, Mike Anderson isn't going anywhere :p

HAHA yes I just really thinks he enjoys being back home! I believe in his news conference a few years ago he said " It feels good to be back home". A lot of people do not realize that he is from Bham and that is were majority of his family is!

I ran into Mrs. Mike Anderson this afternoon at the local drug store. I asked her if Mike would consider the UT job. She said he has heard through an agent that he will be contacted tomorrow. Watson Brown has given him permission to speak with UT or our representatives. Mike has a 9th grade daughter that plays hoops for Hoover HS, Sid Spencer's old HS. She is a great player. Maybe we need to put Pat Summit in charge of recruiting Anderson.

VN Store

Back