Miricle in South Bend vid (short, highlights)

Sgt_Nick_Fury

Danneskjöld's love child.
Miss this sort of determination....hope we can see it again. They were not always the highest rated team, and no one thought we could beat #5 Notre Dame....esp after thy got us down 31 to 7....but that 1991 TN team would not be denied.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOXrjUGBIIM[/youtube]

Reactions: 11 people
Thanks bro. I was 14... remember it like I was yesterday. LOL at Ward calling the FG made at the end. Didn't remember that...good night we were stacked...Carter and Pickens (all pro) were 2 of the best to ever play here. Carter baited Mirer into throwing that pick ala DeionSanders. Watch him lurk then break... loved that dude. Is there a video of Carters kick returns when he was here? I saw some crazy ones in person

Wide Right off of Jeremy Lincoln's Buttocks!

Best football game I ever attended. GBO!

I was there that chilly day. Always nice to beat the Irish.

I was there too...Damn it was cold...Oh and for all those who say the orange pants are bad luck might want to take a look at this and other big victory videos :whistling:

A good friend of mine, Patrick Lenoir, played in that game. It's awesome hearing stories of what it was like for them.

as a young'un the 1990 game left such a bitter taste in my mouth. the 1991 comeback cemented my hatred of all things Notre Dame.

Miss this sort of determination....hope we can see it again. They were not always the highest rated team, and no one thought we could beat #5 Notre Dame....esp after thy got us down 31 to 7....but that 1991 TN team would not be denied.

Hope we pull off another miracle in Eugene.

Reactions: 1 person
Was in J-7 penthouse (Hess) taking turns playing Tecmo Bowl on one tv, with another tv showing game, we had written it off and only half watching it, sure we had lost it....then we scored...and then we scored again next thing guys from other rooms had crowded in.... and when we won you could hear an eruption across Campus, and Knoxville as if the game had been played there, horns honking and people just yelling....was a good day to be a student at UT.....some crazy parties that night.

Reactions: 2 people

Hope we pull off another miracle in Eugene.

SSShhhhh....Do you want to be called an idiot moronic sunshine pumping fool?

Man we all love John Ward but I almost fell asleep listening to his anticlimactic calls. Great game and great day to be a Vol!

How big was that blocked field goal for a TD right before the half. We would have been down 34-7. Being only 17 down instead of 27 down was huge.

Actually, I remember a lot of folks predicting an upset going into that game. I always hated the way John Ward flubbed the missed field goal call at the end. He couldn't have been looking at the ball at the time.

that day changed my mind concerning ND fans. everyone we met over course of 3 days were very nice. a ND fan next to me took a photo of the final scoreboard and had it developed and mailed to me. a complete stranger, but a class act fan. good memories

Reactions: 1 person
I was 10 and remember it like it was yesterday. Hopefully, we'll not have to battle back from such a deep deficit like that (to pull out the win) for a long time. Hopefully, we'll just whip everyones' azz from the get go from here on out. :)

VN Store

Back