Mizzo fires baseball coach

wmcovol

The AD there is a former UTAD employee & she’ll probably reach out to TV. I doubt he’d consider going even if it’s his am but would probably use it for a nice raise again with DW.

Tennessee sports is winning at a pretty good clip right now, 2nd straight all sport’s championship, so coaches are gonna get rewarded.

So in college baseball, where are the "up-and-coming" young coaches found?

Do they tend to already be head coaches at smaller schools, or are they assistants at Power 5 schools?

And is it rare for coaches to elevate from the high school ranks?

Thanks in advance for the edumacation.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'm not saying he will of he won't,but that is his alma mater and he recruits Missouri very well two big factors those saying no way I hope your right but never say never

I'm not saying he will of he won't,but that is his alma mater and he recruits Missouri very well two big factors those saying no way I hope your right but never say never
Missouri is one of the worst coaching jobs in the country and they play at a glorified high school park, not to mention the weather is horrible for baseball. No SEC assistant would even take that job…..

Mizzou had no reason to hire the coach in the first place. He has never had success. Nobody wanted to go to Mizzou. He lost most of the top players in Missouri to Missouri State and other schools.
He recruited pretty well at semo and had a really good team his last two years there. Wasn’t a terrible hire on Mizzou part I don’t think, that’s just a hard place to win at.

He missed the entire recruiting class of 2019. Kirby was one of the recruits listed before we moved and 9 of top 10 were not going to Missouri. Missouri State had several of them. I won't go into our story again but they were horrible at recruiting. He was never a good choice.

It would not surprise me if Missouri goes after the Campbell baseball coach or another mid major type coach as their next head coach.

I do not see them paying a Vitello type salary.

Yeah I’m not worried about Vitello leaving for Mizzou. Their facilities are awful. Tennessee just made a huge financial commitment to make our park and baseball facilties the best of the best. I highly doubt Mizzou will commit to that kind of investment necessary to land an elite coach.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back