MLB team in Nashville?

mooreaj21

What is everyone's opinion on it?

Buster Olney tweeted a link to an article last night that the MLB is ready to give up on the Tampa Bay area. He mentioned Nashville as a good spot for the Rays to move too.

As for me I'd love love to have a MLB team in Nashville.

While we're at it lets move the Grizzlies to Nashville so people from East Tennessee don't have to drive 8 hours to see them play. The Bobcats & Hawks are closer.

Reactions: 2 people
Would be awesome but don't know if they could support one

clay travis made some decent points in an article on his site. Nashville metro area is expected to grow to 2 million soon which can easily support an NFL and MLB team. An MLB team would most likely mean the end for the Preds.

Plus there are a lot of regional baseball fans that would travel to see them play. And being in the AL East helps with attendance since the Red Sox and Yankees will come multiple times a year.

it's feasible with the right stadium planning

Last edited:
I think Nashville will grow to have the numbers, as if Nashville culture/demographic can support hockey, baseball would be fine.

I live 90 minute away, but would be wiling to put my name down (committ in advance) to buying season tickets or a PSL

I think it could happen. Their minor league team was not well attended at all in recent years, but a major league team is a different ball game.

I've wondered where might be able to support one... my bias hopes for Charlotte.

North Carolina would be a good spot for a MLB team. I did a feasibility study with a group in one of my classes at school and we thought there was good potential for one in the Raleigh or Charlotte area.

I like it. With no real hard evidence for this, I think Charlotte would work a little better.

If they got a team and a guy like Cam was willing to hype it and make it part of the city, it would do really well. A downtown stadium in charlotte would be pretty awesome.

San Antonio is an option but that would be stupid hot. And I guess San Jose is, too.

clay travis made some decent points in an article on his site. Nashville metro area is expected to grow to 2 million soon which can easily support an NFL and MLB team. An MLB team would most likely mean the end for the Preds.

Plus there are a lot of regional baseball fans that would travel to see them play. And being in the AL East helps with attendance since the Red Sox and Yankees will come multiple times a year.

it's feasible with the right stadium planning

It's that on OTC? I'd actually like to read that.

I lived in Nashville for a year (it was seven years ago however). There were tons of Braves/Cards hat. Nashville has done a really good job supporting the Titans. And the Rays are a really well run team and are a contender. It really, really helps when you have a good team from the start (look at Arizona, they never won a title before, D-Backs brought them one, and they have always had good fans).

I like it. With no real hard evidence for this, I think Charlotte would work a little better.

If they got a team and a guy like Cam was willing to hype it and make it part of the city, it would do really well. A downtown stadium in charlotte would be pretty awesome.

Homer IMO.

Charlotte has a new or in the works downtown minor league stadium if I recall correctly. Basketball town/state.

Really? who is moving downtown? the knights are boring so that would be kind of pointless.

It's a good baseball town as far as high schools and stuff go. But the people that live there, maybe not.

I lived in Nashville for a year (it was seven years ago however). There were tons of Braves/Cards hat. Nashville has done a really good job supporting the Titans. And the Rays are a really well run team and are a contender. It really, really helps when you have a good team from the start (look at Arizona, they never won a title before, D-Backs brought them one, and they have always had good fans).

Live in Nashville now and was raised 25 minutes south. I don't think Nashville is ready for a professional baseball team. Although, 10 years from now I definitely think they will be able to sustain.

Yeah, it was in the mailbag today

All That and a Bag of Mail: Naming a Baby Athlete Edition : Outkick The Coverage

Really? who is moving downtown? the knights are boring so that would be kind of pointless.

It's a good baseball town as far as high schools and stuff go. But the people that live there, maybe not.

2014 in uptown rather. I was joking about the basketball thing. I actually do believe they can support a baseball team, more so than Nashville. However, I think long term Nashville would be more sustainable.

2014 in uptown rather. I was joking about the basketball thing. I actually do believe they can support a baseball team, more so than Nashville. However, I think long term Nashville would be more sustainable.

uptown and downtown are the same thing in Charlotte. Got super annoying as someone who lived there for awhile.

Wish it were a littttttttle closer to Columbia to get that fan base involved.

There are enough rich people in charlotte to sell suites/boxes, too.

I'm not sure whether Nashville could support a team or not, but I'd love to see it happen.

Nashville is a good sports town. It could work. The early and late season crowds would be the only problem I see. Sounds games draw really well in the summer despite its horrible location and beyond behind the times stadium. The key for Nashville or Charlotte would be season ticket sales and business partnerships.

Would people be willing to give up the Preds for a MLB team?

Secondly, what about a NBA team in Nashville?

Would people be willing to give up the Preds for a MLB team?

Secondly, what about a NBA team in Nashville?

I'd rather have MLB but that's just me. NBA wouldn't work with Memphis already having a team

VN Store

Back