Monster Third Inning Propels Vols to Third Straight Series Win

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee baseball team scored 13 runs on 12 hits, including four home runs, and four walks. And that was just in the third inning. In all, the Volunteers sent 19 batters to the plate in the frame, scoring nine runs before recording the first out. The Big Orange used the half-inning, one of the most productive in school history, to cruise to a series-clinching victory over Georgia, 25-5, on a beautiful, sunny Saturday afternoon at Foley Field in Athens.

More...

Discuss.

The University of Tennessee baseball team scored 13 runs on 12 hits, including four home runs, and four walks. And that was just in the third inning. In all, the Volunteers sent 19 batters to the plate in the frame, scoring nine runs before recording the first out. The Big Orange used the half-inning, one of the most productive in school history, to cruise to a series-clinching victory over Georgia, 25-5, on a beautiful, sunny Saturday afternoon at Foley Field in Athens.

More...

Discuss.

Wow. That is impressive. I hope we can keep this rolling to get in the tourney and keep it going through the tourney. Go Vols!

That was an incredible offensive outburst, I am glad I watched the game. Everything CTR did was like magic (pinch hitting Matt Ramsey who ended up batting twice including a three run homer).

So far been a perfect weekend with 2 wins, 2 criminal tide losses, and LSU-Candy split. Plus another game up on Kensucky so far this weekend.

VN Store

Back