More On Brent Schaeffer

BeltwayVol

Even with four quarterbacks on scholarship this fall, look for South Florida to make an aggressive push to land Brent Schaeffer, the Deerfield Beach prep standout who is leaving Tennessee after his freshman season.

Schaeffer, who strongly considered USF out of high school, seems to have the Bulls high on his list as well.

"I talked with him (Tuesday) night, and South Florida was the only school he mentioned by name," said Joe Redmond, who was Schaeffer's high school coach. "He's mentioned them a lot. I've talked to USF as well, and they're not able to do anything in terms of talking to him until they get (a release), but I know they're champing at the bit to talk to him."

Redmond said he has talked with USF coach Jim Leavitt and quarterbacks coach Rod Smith since Tennessee announced he was leaving. USF has not yet received a release from the Vols, but Schaeffer's mother, Chandra, said Tuesday her son was working on getting the necessary paperwork so he can begin speaking with other schools.

If I'm Brent I'm going to either FIU,FAU, or UCF instead of USF but thats just me

If anyone was at the KY game this year and reads this.

He came out warmed up and looked sharp! Was IMO healthy and ready to go! So him not playing at all by this time (KY) game and then im not sure but didnt even travel for the SEC champ and cotton bowl. Told me he was transfering and most likely had an attitude problem.

Where ever he goes? If he wins the job outright he'll be a Great player.
If not? Look for issues and attitudes amoung else. He must spell Team with an I ?

Didn't he take a very few snaps in the Cotton Bowl?

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@May 18, 2005 1:23 AM
If anyone was at the KY game this year and reads this.

He came out warmed up and looked sharp!  Was IMO healthy and ready to go!  So him not playing at all by this time (KY) game and then im not sure but didnt even travel for the SEC champ and cotton bowl. Told me he was transfering and most likely had an attitude problem.

Where ever he goes? If he wins the job outright he'll be a Great player.
If not? Look for issues and attitudes amoung else. He must spell Team with an I  ?
[snapback]95662[/snapback]​

He played in the Cotton Bowl.

he didn't go to SECCG but because of off field problems, BS not ready mentally to play at UT (IMO)

hearing reports on sports radio this morning that Schaffer is talking with the Texas University coaching staff.

orange blood to orange blood?

Originally posted by duckman398686@May 5, 2005 7:42 AM
He should go to Tennessee Tech :pepper:   :p
[snapback]90680[/snapback]​

That would be awesome. I would love to see him play here. But It doesnt look like thats gonna happen :(

Here is my 2 cents.

He will never make it as a QB. For his sake I hope is proves me wrong. With his happy feet someone down the line his going to lay him out. His frame is way to small. I know Peyton had a small frame, but he had the mind set to get rid of the ball, stay in the pocket, and use his hands and not his feet. Return punts so you play on Sunday and make some easy cash. :thumbsup:

i think he will make it as a qb. just not here. we do not have that type of offense. anywhere else, like va tech for instance, he would shine.

probably has a better arm than vick did at the same time in their careers.

somebody will smash me for that.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 18, 2005 10:05 PM
[snapback]96030[/snapback]​

Hard to comment. . . . all we got a chance to see was his legs.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 18, 2005 10:05 PM
[snapback]96030[/snapback]​

I will :jawdrop:

When he throws the deep ball he is lucky he doesn't fall over backwards because he has to put some much into it.

Here is the latest:

Former Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer (6-3, 190) seemed to have a good official visit to Clemson this past week. Schaeffer is transferring from the Vols, and Clemson was the first school he visited.

“He said he had a good time,” Adolph Lewis, Schaeffer’s stepfather, said. “He didn’t say anything about what he’s thinking about going to school. He said he liked the coaching staff and the kids.”

Schaeffer will visit Texas A&M and one or two other schools before making his decision.

Clemson has Whitehurst who will be a senior and A&M has Reggie McNeal who will be a senior. After that I don't know.

Good opportunities. I remember A&M running the style of offense that Brent would fit right in to. McNeal pulled down 718 yards rushing last year.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 31, 2005 12:39 AM
Clemson has Whitehurst who will be a senior and A&M has Reggie McNeal who will be a senior. After that I don't know.
[snapback]99619[/snapback]​

A&M recruited 2 solid QB's I believe last year so you never know....he may not be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in line there

Originally posted by U-T@May 31, 2005 11:28 AM
A&M recruited 2 solid QB's I believe last year so you never know....he may not be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in line there
[snapback]99687[/snapback]​

All Schaeffer needs is to be coached to stay cool, and he could be one of the best option QB's in the country. Like, actually get close to living up to the name of Little Vick.

Originally posted by milohimself@May 31, 2005 5:45 PM
All Schaeffer needs is to be coached to stay cool, and he could be one of the best option QB's in the country. Like, actually get close to living up to the name of Little Vick.
[snapback]99763[/snapback]​

Brent S has a very good future but I am not as sold on his passing skills as many others.

I think the Vick comparisons are so immature (as in too early :D )

i think he would be great at va. tech. he fits their mold.

if he goes to one of the lower tier florida schools and dominates he could end up like culpepper or mcnair.

good luck.

Va Tech already has a Little Vick at QB.

Oh, sorry. A Little Mexico.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, he would fit like glove if he went to K-State.

VN Store

Back