Most Powerful Coach in Sports????

AlabamaVolunteer

Bama Hater
The new edition of forbes magazine hits the news stands tomorrow. On the cover Nick Saban. The Title: "Sports' most powerful coach" The Most Powerful Coach in Sports - Forbes.com Wanted to get your imput? The other really interesting thing was this. They listed the most valuable college football programs in the nation. What was interesting is this. Tennessee comes into the list at #7 with a revenue generated last year of $74 million, with only a profit of $17 million. Auburn and Alabama came in ranked #8, and #9 with $73 and $72 million, but their profit was over $30 million each? Apparently we donate all of the season ticket reservation fees directly to VASF which knocks our profit in half.

their list:
1. Notre Dame value $101 Million Profit $45.8 million
2. Texas Value $92 million Profit $46.2 million
3. Georgia Value $90 million Profit $42.5 million
4. Michigan Value $85 million Profit $36.2 million
5. Florida Value $84 million Profit $38.2 million
6. LSU Value $76 million Profit $31.7 million
7. Tennessee Value $74 million Profit $17.3 million*
8. Auburn Value $73 million Profit $33.9 million
9. Alabama Value $ 72 million profit $31.8 million
10. Ohio State value $71 million profit $26.6 million

* *In addition, the football program was directly responsible for $16.2 million in donations to the Volunteer Athletic & Scholarship fund via ticket reservation fees.

Link to the whole list:
In Pictures: Ranking The 20 Most Valuable College Football Teams - Forbes.com

Attachments

• saban-forbes-135x101.jpg
    saban-forbes-135x101.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 156
Forbes should stick to being a business magazine and not sports. They have no idea about coaches and shouldn't have the right to talk about it seriously.

Bama's $31.8 million profit just about covers CNS & his staff pay but surely can cover the bucks the players get.

Last edited:
I take a 3 second look at that cover pic and I'm thinkin this is Micheal Corleone who just uttered....''It's business, not personal''

Come on 10/25 when the VOLS wipe that smug look off of nick's face and have their Day of Redemption in Neyland!!! GO VOLS:pbama

We've got a really good chance of knocking Bama off this year with PLENTY of motivation. I just hope it isn't a close game and comes down to coaching because we are at a big disadvantage there.

I'd say pete carroll is the most powerful coach in college fb... he/his teams can seemingly figure out how to beat almost anyone & I bet he could have a poor season and he would still be coaching the team next season....now if you asked for the richest/most-overpaid-coach-for-a-6-6-season in cfb, I'd say saban should fit well into that category :)

. . . so you don't think NCAA football is big business. True, Forbes may not know the ins and outs of what makes a good football coach, but they sure know, and can analyse a schools P & L regarding the football program. I am surprised that UT has that much gross income but such a relatively small net profit. I admit I am somewhat clueless. . .what is the VASF that UT donates to?

Mike

. . . so you don't think NCAA football is big business. True, Forbes may not know the ins and outs of what makes a good football coach, but they sure know, and can analyse a schools P & L regarding the football program. I am surprised that UT has that much gross income but such a relatively small net profit. I admit I am somewhat clueless. . .what is the VASF that UT donates to?

Mike

Scholarship fund
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dont look now here comes the Gamecocks, number 14 I think. 22 percent increase, thats a greater increase than any of the top ten teams. Cheers.

whata crock......Spurrier is the most powerful coach in football.....Saban has some catching up to do to darth visor.

Oh please. Please just one post from you that doesn't contain a silly emoticon or a 'pot calling the kettle black' reference.

Can't do it, can you?

Here's another viewpoint on that:

Forbes gives Alabama football coach Nick Saban too much power

Nick Saban is the most powerful coach in sports ... who's lost four of his last five games.

Saban is the most powerful coach in sports ... who's one game over .500 at his current job.

Saban is the most powerful coach in sports ... who hasn't had a winning regular season in three years.

This is not to say that Saban isn't powerful. Alabama did give him the keys to the kingdom, but Alabama is the British Empire of college football.
It ain't what it used to be. Territories it once ruled, like Auburn and Mississippi State, have declared their independence with a vengeance.

As much sway as Saban has over his school's administrators, alums, boosters and fans, there's one group among his constituents that has yet to completely bow at his feet and kiss his LSU-BCS ring.

His players.

Forbes gives Alabama football coach Nick Saban too much power - al.com

I would think a coach like Joe Pa is considerably more powerful than Saban. He'll still be coaching Penn State after he dies, they won't be able to get rid of him because he will probably rise from the grave. Saban may make the most money, but Alabama will prove him disposable if he fails to get the job done.

I would think a coach like Joe Pa is considerably more powerful than Saban. He'll still be coaching Penn State after he dies, they won't be able to get rid of him because he will probably rise from the grave. Saban may make the most money, but Alabama will prove him disposable if he fails to get the job done.
Sorta sounds like the Bear, doesn't it? How ironic.... :eek:hmy:

Or if somebody offers him more money.

VN Store

Back