Move the U.N. to another place please, or not?

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
The UN is not designed to be The Fan Club of United States. It was created to provided an outlet for solving international conflicts. It is only as good as it's member states and their willingness to use diplomacy to solve conflict.

It does not have any power other than trying to promote cooperation over violence. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's there for the nation's we disagree with as much as it is for us.

Yeah Chavez is a jerk but he's not the first leader to make anti-American remarks at the UN. I'd much rather him rant at the UN and call Bush the Devil than instigate violence against us or our interests.

What say you?

The UN is not designed to be The Fan Club of United States. It was created to provided an outlet for solving international conflicts. It is only as good as it's member states and their willingness to use diplomacy to solve conflict.

It does not have any power other than trying to promote cooperation over violence. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's there for the nation's we disagree with as much as it is for us.

Yeah Chavez is a jerk but he's not the first leader to make anti-American remarks at the UN. I'd much rather him rant at the UN and call Bush the Devil than instigate violence against us or our interests.

What say you?

You think Chavez is not willing to do the latter?

I just think it is ironic how a Venezuelan dictator could come to the US and speak freely against the US president but let an American go to Venezuela and speak out against Hugo and see what happens.....

Chavez is a blow hard. Anyone that has to have his body guards, doctor, and nation's intel run by Cubans because he doesn't trust his own people is just full of hot air.

I just think it is ironic how a Venezuelan dictator could come to the US and speak freely against the US president but let an American go to Venezuela and speak out against Hugo and see what happens.....

I do not know why that strikes me as funny.......

I doubt Chavez would do much against the United States directly........he likes his power too much.

I mean, he is a great man after all, he socialized big oil so the corporations could not rake in the profit, now the government can "help" the people!

Chavez is a blow hard. Anyone that has to have his body guards, doctor, and nation's intel run by Cubans because he doesn't trust his own people is just full of hot air.

A blow hard, I think that is an apathetic view to take on. At what point does he cross the line and is not a blow hard any longer and is it smart of the US to wait for this?

What say you?
If you believe that war is inherently evil, then the UN serves a purpose. However, if you believe that war is an instrument that can be used for the betterment of your own nation as well as the greater good of the world civilization, then the UN fails miserably.

I'd much rather him rant at the UN and call Bush the Devil than instigate violence against us or our interests.

What say you?
I would rather Chavez put his money where his mouth is and take action. I would hope that if we had an American leader who sincerely thought, and proclaimed to the world community, that another head of state is in fact the devil, that the American leader would take action.

It is why I think Iran's government is filled with cowards. They continue to denounce America as the "Great Satan" however, they lack the conviction to actually do anything about it.

VN Store

Back