MTSU Students camp out, line up for UT-MTSU hoops tickets

Shouldn't this go in the basketball section.

Anyways i'm a bit surprised at this, i went to the UT vs. UTC game last year and they still had some tickets at the door.

I don't get this. Do they (MTSU kids) think that our football crapiness will translate in to basketball suckdom? Even our our worst day they wouldn't have a chance. And this is coming from an MTSU alumni...

No, it's a big time program coming to Murfreesboro to play. Alot of students are UT fans and free tickets are free tickets. I doubt many if any people expect MTSU to even be competitive but it's something about seeing UT on the Murphy Center floor that has people excited. Imagine if UT football came to play at MTSU.

I don't get this. Do they (MTSU kids) think that our football crapiness will translate in to basketball suckdom? Even our our worst day they wouldn't have a chance. And this is coming from an MTSU alumni...

They probably just want to show support for their school and get the rare opportunity to watch a top 25 team. I saw no quotes in that article where their students even thought they would win.

No, it's a big time program coming to Murfreesboro to play. Alot of students are UT fans and free tickets are free tickets. I doubt many if any people expect MTSU to even be competitive but it's something about seeing UT on the Murphy Center floor that has people excited. Imagine if UT football came to play at MTSU.

My bad, I didn't read the article and see that they were going to be playing at MTSU. That explains it. I know I would have jumped on tickets if the Vols had come to Floyd. I went to the game a few years ago in Knoxville when they played, but of course I had to go for the Vols (sorry MTSU).

They probably just want to show support for their school and get the rare opportunity to watch a top 25 team. I saw no quotes in that article where their students even thought they would win.

I didn't say that they had made that claim, I was just assuming that if they were camping out for tickets that there must be some excitement that they could actually compete.

Being an MTSU student Im gonna go ahead and say that most of the students that stayed out all night waiting for the tickets are UT fans lol and im pissed that the university wont let me wear my orange in the student section. The reason this game is in such high demand at MTSU is because alot of Tennessee fans go to this school. Students here know MTSU is going to get killed and frankly dont care. There are the few true blue MTSU die hard fans that dont like any other school that hate all of us that were planning to wear orange and also fans of other schools such as bama that hate it to lol

My bad, I didn't read the article and see that they were going to be playing at MTSU. That explains it. I know I would have jumped on tickets if the Vols had come to Floyd. I went to the game a few years ago in Knoxville when they played, but of course I had to go for the Vols (sorry MTSU).
Im a current student and I was gonna wear orange in the student section until informed I would be asked to leave

And most of the students that stayed out the entire night(from what I hear it was only twenty five or so and the line started growing around five in the morning) were Pulaski natives who were making sure they got their chance to see Tyler Smith play. Two of which I know and told me it was a small reunion all night lol one of which is Tyler Smiths first cousin

Im a current student and I was gonna wear orange in the student section until informed I would be asked to leave

That's ridonkulous. I'd still show up in my orange! I laugh every time I see that "Paint the state blue" stuff they put out. I loved going to school there, but they're never going to be UT.

I expect MTSU to be competitive. It is certainly going to be a much different game than last year. The Vols will probably pull away in the end, but MTSU is going to have a pretty good squad this year, if the Vols get complacent (especially with the point guard issues) they are going to have a dog fight on their hands.

And most that know me know that I really don't give a crap about MTSU athletics, so it is certainly not homerism due to attending the school.

I expect MTSU to be competitive. It is certainly going to be a much different game than last year. The Vols will probably pull away in the end, but MTSU is going to have a pretty good squad this year, if the Vols get complacent (especially with the point guard issues) they are going to have a dog fight on their hands.

And most that know me know that I really don't give a crap about MTSU athletics, so it is certainly not homerism due to attending the school.

Kermit Davis is the coach of MTSU. They won't be competitive.

Kermit Davis is the coach of MTSU. They won't be competitive.

Ask the folks that competed in the Sun Belt tournament last year whether or not MTSU can be competitive with Kermit Davis on the bench.

Again, I am not saying they will win or even that it will be all that close, but MTSU will hang for a good while. It certainly won't be anything like last year.

That's ridonkulous. I'd still show up in my orange! I laugh every time I see that "Paint the state blue" stuff they put out. I loved going to school there, but they're never going to be UT.
One of the guys from Ohio that works with intramurals thinks that MTSU will be on the same level with UT in 20 years, I dont lol... Ill admit that recruiting at middle is picking up and what but sports like football and now bball shouldnt be on the same level ever lol. Womens basketball is supposedly gettin there and womens volleyball is already better but idk if any major sports will ever be on the same level as UT

One of the guys from Ohio that works with intramurals thinks that MTSU will be on the same level with UT in 20 years, I dont lol... Ill admit that recruiting at middle is picking up and what but sports like football and now bball shouldnt be on the same level ever lol. Womens basketball is supposedly gettin there and womens volleyball is already better but idk if any major sports will ever be on the same level as UT

Basketball is a different beast. You don't need as many players, and the right coach can put you on the map quickly (ie: Tennessee). The problem for MTSU will be in facilities. If they can keep up with the state flagship then they'll be in a position to become equal, if not then Tennessee will always get first pick.

Well this year MTSU would probably win.

its possible that they havent idk. If anything you can just walk outside say hey kid, yeah you, come here. Here is thirty five dollars, I need a guest ticket. Thanks.

VN Store

Back